US$110
Quality Inn(Minocqua)
US$90
The Waters of Minocqua(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$149
Best Western Plus Concord Inn(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$141
The Beacons of Minocqua(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$220
Aqua Aire Motel(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$80
All reviewsone bedroom suitefull kitchenelectric fireplaceview of the lakefire pitacross the bridgelake minocquadown stairspatio doorsdvd playerflat screenbearskin trailcalled the front deskprivate balconygirls weekendgreat amenitiesfall weekend
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My family and I stayed one night in a one bedroom suite July 12-13, 2012. It was very nice. We had the best time fishing from their many piers. We caught several fish and were some were even big enough to take home! The grounds are clean and very nice. Lots to do at night also. Nice bon-fire pit with plenty of wood and gas grills too.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather W
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for your review. It sounds like your family had a great time; that's what your family getaway should be all about. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our lakeside setting and fishing from our piers. The piers area of our shorelie is a great place to catch all species of fish natural to Lake Minocqua, and many of our guests have shared your fishing success as well. Our lakeside campfire patio has become one of the best amenities for quality family time, socializing with other guests, and staring at starfilled skies. Glad you enjoyed it and our property.

Thank you for staying with us, and I hope we will see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed in a 1 bedroom standard unit. Had two vanities. Had a full kitchen. Can walk to town.
Very clean. We would definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lake side as opposed to the road side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael E

Dear Michael E: Thanks for your review, we greatly appreciate your comments. Your room was a lakeside One Bedroom Suite. This room is great for family stays as it offers a "home" atmosphere with full kitchen to dine in, living room and private bedroom, and so much more.. And, all our rooms provide access to their private lakeside patio or balcony deck with furniture...a nice feature. Our housekeeping team understands the importance of providing clean, comfortable accommodations; that's what they want when they travel. Thanks for being our guest. Our hospitality team looks forward to hosting you on your return trip!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was a great hotel. Check in and out was easy. The staff was really nice and helpful while we were there. We stayed in a room with a king bed and whirlpool bath. The room was clean and having a fridge was a nice touch. Although we didn't get to spend time on the balcony, the other amenities were really nice, such as waffles and fresh fruit. I forgot to bring a map back with me and I called Tanja was kind enough to send me one. Overall, wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Make use of the cheap rentals and enjoy some time on the lake! The half-day canoe rental is only $10 for two people, and was a really good value for 6 hours on the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear D K,

Thank you for the nice review. Our goal is to make every guest stay as comfortable as possible, from the ease of check-in to wonderful service once a guest settles in for their stay. I'm glad we accomplished that with your stay.

As you found, our rooms are more than just a motel room. All our rooms allow the guest to exit to their own private patio or balcony deck complete with furniture to enjoy the outdoors and our lakeside setting. Also, our suites offer full kitchens, dining areas, living rooms and private bedrooms; the spacious room's and amenities offered are especially great for families.

With your request for a map; our service to our guests does not end just because you checked out. I'm glad we were able to help you with follow up service after your stay. Our hospitality team wishes you a great summer, and looks forward to saying hello once again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Went to the Pointe for 6 days in June. Great location, you can walk to town for all your needs. The only downside to this place is it is quite a walk up and down stairs to get to your boat and to get to the water. The town itself and the hotel were not very crowded which we enjoyed. The rooms are very spacious, clean and we loved having the full kitchen in the room. We will definitely be back...... They also offer continental breakfast which was a nice added touch. They have an indoor pool, sauna and hot tub which we did not use, but it is nice to be able to have that option. The front desk was very friendly upon check in and helpful if you had any questions. We have normally stayed at a resort but chose to do the hotel this time around and we were not disppointed. We would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, pick the lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dolphinkay
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Pointe Hotel & Suites of Minocqua. Your stay was at a perfect time of year when weather is usually very nice and outside of the summer influx of great numbers of visitors. As you became aware, our facility is more of a resort hotel offering many amenities a hotel would not. I'm glas you enjoyed your accommodations and some of the many amenities we offer. Our hospitality team makes every effort to nake sure they provide the best, most relaxing stay possible for all our guests...that's priority #1. Thank you for your recommendation to family and friends, we'll make sure we take good care of them!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Early June special rate made this a fantastic deal for me when I was in Monocqua for mid-week work, but wanted to enjoy some woodsy retreat time too. I searched and read and think I found the best combo. of a private, woods-lake view retreat experience, even though the Pointe is just across the bridge from the main streets of town. Be sure to visit their web site for specials!

. Mid-week was very quiet, but Thurs. night it startred to fill with some large groups and was a bit noisier, but overall the room had the feel of being away in the woods that I wanted. The wifi in the room was fine and free, but otherwise my Sprint smartphone service was on roaming, so I appreciated that.

The condo. I had (one bedroom with great jacuzzi tub in front of a small private screened balcony) was perfect for one or two people, as the bed was big and the living room/ dining table/ kitchenette area was nice too. 2 Big, flat screen TVs, the basics in the kitchen (big fridge), and nice woodsy decor (not too cutesy), two sinks in bathroom, but the shower was small, made me very comfortable when I was in the room. I didn't think much of the breakfast, but I usually don't, so I only visited one morning and it had been moved so maybe not the regular. This was just cereals and toast and coffee and joice, it seemed. No restaurant or room service on site. Cleaning is minimal for short stays bt that was fine for me.

The location is great, on the main highway through the area (51) and there are fabulous places to get out into the woods (check out the Rural Route K) just about 20 minutes north, plus the basics of WI resort towns like restaurants and mini- golf and fishing etc. right in Minocqua. Best restaurants I went to were the Island Cafe (fabulous hummus and pita app.) and Minocqua Brewing Co. (nice beer, grilled cheese and tomoato soup).

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to face the lake. First floor meant going down stairs but opened out at ground level. There was an elevator but not seen right away.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Denise,

Thank you for your review of The Pointe Hotel & Suites, As you found during your stay, although our hotel is only 3/10ths mile from downtown Minocqua, well within walking distance, our setting is on five acres of woods and water. Yes, Lake Minocqua (what we like to call "our natural amenity" surrounds half our property with 800 feet of gorgeous shoreline.

We encourage everyone to visit our website often to explore possible last minutes specials as there could be some great deals to take advantage of, especially in the non-peak rental periods like June.

We do offer six different styles of rooms from deluxe hotel rooms (Studios) to One & Two Bedroom Suites, all with views of Lake Minocqua. I'm pleased that your accommodation worked well for you. Because our rooms are all privately owned condominiums that we rent, we do offer different housekeeping services than that of a standard hotel/motel. However, we would surely take care of any housekeeping needs any guest would request as we are here for the guest(s) and would want everyone's stay to be very comfortable.

We don't offer a restaurant, as years of comments from our guests tell us they would rather explore the many fine dining establishments (and there are many) peppered throughout Minocqua and the Northwoods, and we're ready to direct our guests to a restaurant or supper club that will meet their dining pleasure.

We appreciate your comments and will put them to work for us to better our services to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting you in the future.