“Anniversary get away.”

and 1 more site!
The Pointe Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We were at the Pointe from September 10-14, 2017 in room 3013 and enjoyed our stay just as we have done in the past 20 years or so that we have been coming here. Always a pleasant stay. Hard to leave to go back home!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property; we appreciate your comments. And, thank you for being our guest for the many years you have been coming to the area; I'm glad you find that our property meets your lodging needs while visiting Minocqua. Hope to see you soon! Thank you!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Always a great stay. Great room, great view overlooking Lake Minocqua, continental breakfast, very clean and accommodating. We were in 3002 from September 9th-15th, a very nice stay. The grounds are immaculate and the parking is equipped for boat trailers. They also have boat docks for a daily fee.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review of our property. I'm glad you found your lodging and recreational needs satisfying while our guests. Sounds, like you have been with us before and we appreciate your continued patronage of The Pointe Hotel & Suites. Our Team looks forward to hosting your next visit. Have a great fall season! Thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I own a company that sends clients to different areas of Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan (Upper & Lower) to check on and help companies that we work with. I have personally been to this hotel on 3 occasions this year. Twice this past winter/spring and once this summer making reservations for my clients and checking them into their rooms for a couple nights at a time. I have only spent 2 nights at this hotel in total but my clients have spent about 7 nights in total. Never writing a review on Trip Advisor before I will follow what seems to be a common way of reviewing.
Pros of The Pointe Hotel:
1. Location, Location, Location. I want to emphasize location! This hotel is ON Lake Minocqua. They are within walking distance of downtown Minocqua, Restaurants, shops and things to do. With location this hotel is very easy to find and very easy to give directions to.
2. Room size is greatly appreciated. A bedroom in a separate area than the living room and kitchen. Feels like being in an apartment/condo than a hotel.
3. The property seems to be very well taken care of. Flowers, lawn work, signs all seem to be cared for.
4. Housekeeping does a great job here, they are attentive and must really care about their job. I have only stayed on the 3rd floor so I can only speak of the 3rd floor cleanliness. They have housekeepers come every day to see if there is anything you need. The lady (Bethany or Stephanie?) that took care of me always said "Good Morning" or "Hello", you don't get that everywhere you go, sometimes it is hard just to get a smile out the staff that is not at the Front Desk. She even helped with me restaurants and directions. She should be at your Front Desk (I will get to that) or even Concierge would be a great job for her.
Before I get to Cons I would like to say I usually stay in 4/5 star Hotels and properties. I understand that Minocqua does not have Four Seasons Hotel. I look for the best Hotel in the area and that is where I stay based on the website when I do not know anyone that has stayed there. I do not stay at American Inn or Quality Inn which Minocqua does have.
Cons of The Pointe Hotel:
1. Front Desk I cant say that I like the Front Desk staff, Unprofessional is not a term I use very often but I will for this. My wife was better dressed than the staff at this Hotel on each occasion that we were there. Leggings, Jeans, Hoodies, Sundresses, Sunglasses, Ugg Boots, and Flip Flops are not Professional looking in the least. What has happened to looking Professional, dress pants, dress shoes, button down shirt or even a polo shirt. You should not look like the guests staying in the hotel, at least they had name tags. My daughter works an insurance call center and has to wear dress clothes to work and no one but her co workers see her in a day. I just don't understand why a hotel of this standard would let this go.
Part B of Front Desk: I encountered several different staff members, each of them were not overly willing to help or talk to me. I asked about restaurants they each suggested the same one. I am not sure if that is only good restaurant in town or they get a kick back for sending people there. The part that made me the most upset though is one morning I was standing at the front desk waiting to be helped and I waited and waited while listening to 2 women in a office behind the front desk complain about guests. In their words "People suck!" I know it was about a guest because they were talking about them being a pain and they were there all week. Then front desk worker came to the desk once she heard me talking to my wife, I am not sure who the other lady was as she didn't look like she even worked there but I could be wrong. Guests shouldn't have to wait because you feel like bad mouthing other guests to co-workers or not co-workers?
2. Blankets and comforters and not a good style anymore. Down comforters that can be washed look so much cleaner and up to date. I can only imagine how long those blankets stay on the beds before washing. More pillows would be great too, flat decorative pillows do not count as sleeping pillows.
3. The room needs an update, counters, cupboards, sinks, tub. Updates would help give this place a cleaner modern look. They need more light, brighter lights, more color. Warm colors are nice but bright colors would help.
4. Outdoor patio furniture has holes and I don't mean 1 little hole. Cigarette burn holes, rips.
I plan to bring several more clients to Minocqua and I am not sure that this property is for my clients or me. I tried to speak a Manager at the Front Desk (Chris) the last time I was up in Minocqua but He was not available while I was in town. I have a couple months before I return to Minocqua and maybe I will stop to see if anything has changed otherwise we will have to try somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your comments and input as this helps us get better at what we do and that's to provide exceptional hospitality to our guests.

Thank you for all the "pro" and "con" things you had to say about our property, I greatly appreciate your input. Please allow me to brief you on the "cons" as we have already implemented action to better ourselves in these areas.

We have implemented a new dress code to enhance our look to the public. We do promote casual business dress attire. We do our very best to communicate knowledgeably about our area, however, a few of our front desk team members are new to the area and their hotel positions. Being new team members, each will go through a learning curve to learn about the area businesses, recreation, events, etc. There are some restaurants and supper clubs that are favored by us and locals as they are consistent in their service and quality of food; we want our guests to have the best experiences while n the Minocqua area. Enhancements to our rooms continually occur and this November all 48 of our One Bedroom Condos will have counter top, sink and faucet replacements and upgrades. We have also implemented a program to brighten our rooms with today's trends in paint colors and enhancements in room lighting schemes. Interestingly, your input is timely as many of these projects have been in the works for many months and are being implemented in our "off peak" rental period allowing us to dedicate the time and assets necessary for these projects to be properly completed. As for the comments overheard, this is not acceptable or tolerable in our business or environment. Their is no place for disrespect for anyone, and it is not who we are. Let me assure you, this issue has been addressed. We care about our guests and emphasize to, and encourage all team members to provide a genuine, friendly and caring environment for all our guests; I am truly sorry for your experience.

We look forward to your return to Minocqua. i want to encourage you to stop and stay a while! Thanks again, for your in depth review...I do appreciate your input.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Great location on the lake and close to downtown. Friendly staff and very clean hotel and grounds. All rooms have view of the lake and ours had a view of the eagles perch. Nice amenities, pool, whirlpool, sauna. We will be back next year.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We had a beautiful room overlooking Minocqua Lake. We enjoyed the peace and quiet and were surrounded by wildlife. Bald eagles, loons, deer and black and grey squirrels. We loved the hot breakfast that was included with the room rate. We were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub after a busy morning shopping.

Room Tip: We had the pleasure of working with Bobbie (front desk) to upgrade our room. She was quite helpful.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HCGolfer
Jen S, Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are so happy to hear that you had such a relaxing getaway while staying with us. While we are within walking distance to town, just over the bridge, there is definitely a lot of wildlife on the Pointe property to watch and hear. The Eagles frequent us year around as well as much of the other wildlife. It's something that you don't find in many places.

Thank you for choosing to lodge with us while in Minocqua, we hope that you come back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
0.8 km away
33.6 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander
35.2 km away
Centerstone Resort Lake-Aire

Been to The Pointe Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!