“Excellent Italian Deli that has food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fraboni's Italian Specialties and Delicatessen Monona
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Monona
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Description: We are a full-service Italian Delicatessen and Specialty Store featuring a great selection of Cold Subs, Hot Sandwiches, Hot Dinners, and a huge deli case packed full of olives, meats, cheeses, salamis, and house-made salads and sausages. Our store in Monona features indoor seating and seasonal outdoor seating and all our food is available for dine-in or carryout.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

If you like to cook Italian this is the place to get great Italian food items. For food they have subs, hot meat ball sandwiches, Italian sausage sandwiches, salads and other premade food items. They have the best Italian uncooked sausages in links or bulk. Use it when you make lasagna.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This deli and restaurant has wonderful sandwiches - everything tastes home made.
Their meatballs are very delicious !

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I love their lasagna. It's my absolute favorite. You can get it for a hot hearty meal for lunch or buy it prepackaged and take it home and make it for dinner. Their subs are also fantastic!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

One of my favorite places to grab a snack, a sandwich, a full meal or do a little shopping for fresh Italian goodies. I have been visiting this family operation for more than two decades, I have never been disappointed. I have taken many friends there and most become regulars. When my son visits from out of state we must have an Otto while he is home. Regulars are greeted like family when they arrive.

Management response:Responded 20 January 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Today we decided to pick up a few items to take to my parent's assisted living apartment (they get tired of institution food). Fraboni's has great hours (9-6, I think M-Sat, maybe Sunday, too) easy access off Monona Drive, and a very friendly, helpful staff. Go to their website and learn a little about their history. They had been continuously family owned for many years and the pride shows.

Although they specialize in deli items and take out, one can make a selection and dine at the cheerful checkered -cloth tables. A modest selection of Italian staples (pasta, olive oil, cheeses) are available. Wine, beer and sodas are available for purchase. Although we have never taken advantage of the frozen items, that is a thought for a future visit.

In my mind the star of the show is the deli counter with luscious smells and fantastic gourmet sights assailing the senses. We chose several side salads (antipasto, pasta, Italian potato), several lunch meats ( capriocola, roast beef, sopressa) and a lovely provolone accompanied by perfect hoagie rolls.

Mom and Dad were ecstatic with the selection, making lots of yummy sounds. We left them with lots of left overs to brighten their day.