“Great BBQ in Madtown!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner with a coworker and had the all you can eat chicken and ribs. Great smoke flavor throughout! Also had the key lime pie. That was good too!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Nice cozy homey atmosphere. Family run restaurant with savory tender ribs, red beans and rice and yummy garlic bread! They offer a variety of other things on the menu like burgers, chicken and a salad bar. If you're looking for good barbecue, I would recommend it.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We popped in on a Friday night without reservations. We were seated immediately and the waitress took our drink order right away. She was attentive and swift throughout the meal. The barbecue is excellent. The meat was tender and moist and the sauces were great. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We love BBQ so we decided to give this a try. The booths are small and uncomfortable. so if you want extra room, request a table. I was surprised to find that they had a salad bar. There seemed to be an okay variety on it. I ordered the pork butt and my guest ordered the ribs. My favorite thing about my meal was the fries. Neither of cared for the sauce selection. We ended up taking our meat with us and stopping at a local grocery store and getting some Sweet Baby Ray's.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Fat Jack's is a must stop for us when we are in the Madison, WI area. We have gone there probably 6-8 times over the past 14-16 years.

Fat Jack's staff is always friendly and efficient. The food is plentiful and tasty. Prices for dinners range from about $10-15. You can order ala carte; they do have sandwiches. Last night I had the Cajun Catfish (yum yum); my husband had pulled pork. Sides can include cole slaw, fries, red beans and rice, garlic bread, hush puppies. Some of the dinners include a basic salad bar. We never have room for dessert.

Beer drinkers, be happy. The beer and ale list is extensive, including many local brews like Capitol Brewery and New Glarus.

Access is easy off Monona Drive; parking is plentiful, although a bit of a squeeze in places.

Decor is eclectic Wisconsin, sports stuff, Wisconsin Dells stuff; your eyes have lots to take in while you have a short wait for your hearty meal.