“Warm and Inviting”

Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In 2001 we opened the doors of The Pub in downtown Oconomowoc, bringing the first Irish restaurant to the area. We have evolved over the years, and while we still offer some of our original signature dishes, we've incorporated many diverse and contemporary dishes to the menu. We are now so much more than just an Irish Pub! We endeavor to make you feel welcome and relaxed in our establishment. Our quaint and quiet bar features perhaps the widest range of Irish Whiskeys and Scotches in the area - 75 to be precise. 14 tap beers served in 20oz pint glasses (standard pints are only 16oz) and a large selection of wines. Some may wonder where the tv is... we've purposefully never had a tv in The Pub, which is a reflection of our home in Ireland, where pubs are predominantly for socialising, chatting with your friends, and getting to know people in your community. We're always delighted when new friends can say 'It all began at The Pub.'
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great atmosphere, very good food, friendly service and all at a reasonable price!! One experiences the favorable traits of a small town local restaurant with well above average atmosphere and food

1  Thank beroronald

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We went on a Thursday night. As we entered, there was a bar with a definite Pub Style from Ireland. We waited in the hallway, the bartender said he would be right with us. He sat us and gave us menus after about 5 minutes wait. When we sat down it was a while before they asked us what we wanted to drink. A great assortment of beers and Liquors. It was a very long time before our waitress, the only one working in the room besides the bartender when he was able. We ordered sandwiches from the menu, they were very good but pricey for a burger and a chicken sandwich. We waited again a while for our bill 2 make it to the table. We ordered sandwiches because the rest of the menu was rather on the high side in price. The inside of the restaurant has exposed brick walls, and an open view of where they prepare meals in the back. A very nice place for the atmosphere, slow on service, a little high price for the menu. We may go back at another time since we live in the area.

2  Thank milwdawn
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I believe this on of my few 5 star restaurants because I was simply amazed not only by the service, the food but the owner. I've had drinks before at the Pub but never had eating here before and since I had a hankering for Irish stew I thought I give it a try from beginning to end I was amazed. I'm so glad I did . I was impressed

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My husband and I had dinner at The Pub on Saturday night. Overall a great experience. We were able to sit in one of the "snugs" - a small room with a table for two, and that was very special, especially since we were celebrating our anniversary. We got there early not even knowing about the special seating so were pleasantly surprised to get a table like that. I ordered the roasted pork tenderloin and my husband had the spicy sausage stuffed chicken breast. We enjoyed everything very much. Would not hesitate to return. Our server did a great job of asking our preferences and stopping by several times to check on us. Also in describing the meals when we ordered.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I've eaten here a number of times and have not been disappointed. Service and staff are quick and friendly. Fish fry was great as is the Shepards Pie. Awesome beer & wine selection too. Can't wait to return.