“WWII Nose Art”

EAA Aviation Museum
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Oshkosh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, at the site of the world's largest aviation event (EAA AirVenture) the Museum is one of the most extensive aviation attractions in the world, a year-round destination for the entire family. Come and explore our world-class displays and galleries. Marvel at aviation innovations in our collection of more than 200 historic airplanes. Spend time in one of our four movie theaters. Take a ride in a vintage airplane at Pioneer Airport-a real working aerodrome right out of the "golden age" of aviation. Witness a piece of history in the Eagle Hangar, our tribute to World War II aviation and get "hands on" in the KidVenture Gallery, our exciting interactive gallery for kids of all ages!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 12 August 2017

In looking for things to do in Wisconsin, I stumbled across the EAA Aviation Museum advertising their WWII Nose Art Display. That was just too good to pass up! We went and the museum was amazing! I loved all of it, but I especially loved the nose art. I photographed each one and the information sign about it - because how could I choose one over another? It took a little to find the risque nose art room but we did and it was very cool.

Previously, we knew nothing about EAA - not being into aviation, it hadn't been something we'd encountered up to then. The EAA museum was nicely designed and enjoyable for a non-aviation person like me. I can only imagine that aviation buffs are in shear heaven when they visit this place. : )

Like often in our across the country travels, we stumble across very interesting places, but usually pull in just an hour before they close. This happened here - and I certainly would have liked more time in this museum. I am sure we'll revisit it on another trip - I will be sad that the nose art is only a temporary display!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"kitty hawk"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2017

What a wonderful place for pilots. A definite buck-list item. Try and time your visit to coincide with the EAA Airventure week. It will blow your mind!

1  Thank cjlambert2016
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is one of the best museums for the heart of aviation! Great exhibits and an extensive collection of airplanes! I have been here a million times and I see something new every time! Make time for the movies as well! Plan to go during one of their events and you will LOVE the food and people!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Wonderful collection of airplanes old and new. EAA Bi plane, Variez, Verivaggen, just to mention a few. Lots of history displays. WE saw Dick Rutan talk about his flight around the world. Well worth your time to visit this museum. WE were there during EAA Air Venture show this year.