“Bright and Cheerful!”

Ripon Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My husband and I stopped here and thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. We ate after the lunch crowd had left. Our waitress was quick with drink refills, and our meals were served promptly. It was reminiscent of great family diners of long ago, and we loved seeing the freshly baked pies in the glass case at the front counter. The food was just great. I wish I could go back for that steak I saw on the menu. It bet it's terrific! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

They were packed but our wait was less than ten minutes. It was so busy we had to wait briefly for the waitress but she acknowledged us and we got coffee quickly. My wife had a Southern something and I eggs Florentine. She was unable to finish but my eggs and hash browns disappeared. I would highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Wide variety of choices. Can't go wrong here. A great family spot. A great place to stop for a quick bite. Family owned. Friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I gave this restaurant only one star when I reviewed it a few years ago. But I offered a list of suggestions to improve it. Some of them have been taken to heart.

It has moved from one to three stars as the result of our visit there in April 2017. Were I dining alone, I would have given it four stars, but my companion did not enjoy his meal as much as I did mine. I ordered the ribs, which can be a disaster, and I was fully prepared for that being the case this time. Imagine my happiness when the ribs were quite tender, with a tasty sauce, and served with a huge baked potato, cooked perfectly as well. And the chicken noodle soup was great as well.

The last time I was there..."I stopped in at 7 pm and selected the grilled chopped steak, a salad, a baked potato, and applesauce instead of carrots to go with the entrée. The waitress informed me they were out of baked potatoes. The place was nearly empty and it was 7 pm, not 9 pm. How could they have been out of baked potatoes that early??? She offered to substitute American fries and hash browns, but those are breakfast items. She also offered French fries, which I normally reserve for lunch with a burger. I rejected all three and talked her into soup. That was a big mistake."

So it's clear they've made big strides. It's worth your while to stop in here.

1  Thank anchorman_61826
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is exactly what you would expect from a family restaurant. Huge menu, good food, fast service and fair prices. Great breakfast, Sandwiches, and Comfort Food.