“Not impressed at all”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

We have driven by this restaurant many times and mentioned we should try it while at the cottage. What a disappointment. Our waitress wasn't the best/had to ask her for things she forgot several times. (It was a thurs night, and not that busy, so she wasn't taking care of a lot of tables) Our meals were not anything we would go back for. We ordered a variety and everyone thought their meal wasn't anything special at all. I've never heard of a place only having baked potatoes served on Fri/Sat nights. Not everything on the online menu was on their current menu.
Feel bad to give it such a low rating; but we wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

My wife and I have been here many times before and have been very happy with our experiences. The place recently changed owners and hasn't been anywhere near as good as before. The drinks are still top shelf (as they have been for a long time) but the food has been disappointing. We've eaten here 2 or 3 times now since the change of ownership and have been disappointed each time with the food. We are going to give it one more try because we have liked it so much in the past but will stop coming here if we are disappointed on that visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

We had drinks before dinner and that was great. We got a booth and ordered, in all it was nice but there was no salad on the salad bar. I felt it took a little too long to get our food. But all the staff was very nice.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

We arrived at about 6:15 p.m. and were promptly seated in the back where there were very few people. The bar was far busier (I will say, the drinks are good), and it was a tad noisy, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with. I got the bacon wrapped pork medallions with the mashed potatoes. The sauces that came with it were fantastic. However. my pork was undercooked and quite pink. My mashed potatoes were very creamy, however bland and tasteless. My boyfriend had the prime rib dinner and it came with a free skewer of shrimp. He really enjoyed the seafood, but he had ordered his steak well done and it had come medium rare. This also took about 50 minutes to get to us, leaving us with 15 minutes to eat and get out the door to the play that we were going to. Had we not been on a schedule, we would have said something but we just didn't have enough time and didn't want to lose our tickets.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

This is one of our family's go-to places. Big menu, great specials, very accommodating and we've always enjoyed every meal.
Dad & husband love their prime rib, and it's offered Thurs thru Sunday, I believe.

Been to Alibis? Share your experiences!