“Brand new additional WINDMILL PIZZERIA in Prairie du Sac!”

windmill pizzeria & sour dough co
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Just a week ago their 2nd PIZZERIA was opened in this awesome quaint town!!! Great pizza!!!! STAFF WAS FRIENDLY!!! Our waitress was from 30 miles from where we live in Iowa,so had a few minutes to visit with her. She suggested we half our pizza for trying 2 pizzas in one!!! 16 inch pizza! More than plenty for 2 of us! We over HEARD others saying how GOOD their pizzas were as well !Great little bar area! Unique lights with ceiling fans.Easy location for PARKING!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This an awesome little local pizza joint with delicious crust and artisan toppings. We will definitely visit them at their new location in Prairie du Sac

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I love pizza. It's at the top of my list of favorite foods. Sauk Prairie has seen some really good pizzas come and go (Jenny's Place, Pizza Plaza). I'm sure (truthfully, I know) it's a rough competitive proposition. Those who have tried to survive it in Sauk Prairie have been mortally wounded by Pizza Hut of all places.

Windmill Pizzeria is making an effort, which I appreciate, but both times I've been there I've been disappointed with the experience. Nothing is bad, it's just not as good as it could be (from the decor, to the beverage offerings, to the service). And then I've had sticker shock over the pizzas which while the ingredients are very good, the quantity is rather sparse.

So, in spite of how much we'd like to support local dining, we regularly head to Baraboo (Mama Mia's or Glacier Rock). Both make excellent pizzas and we always feel like it's a fair deal.

Windmill, for my business you don't have to compete with Pizza Hut, but you do have to compete with the next tier. If your pizza was really unusual and knocked my socks off, I'd pay for it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately it hasn't.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Wonderful pizza dough. Fired just right, with some creative, well-paired toppings, as well as traditional favorites.

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

I've been twice now. Great pizza with buffalo mozzarella! Need more signage out front, better atmosphere inside with music, and ditch the paper cups. Those are small detractors but this place has some amazing food. Also I had the Chicago style beef sandwich and it easily goes toe to toe w the best, plus it's monster sized!