“Yummy Ice Cream”

Door County Ice Cream Factory & Sandwich Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Sister Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: The Door County Ice Cream Factory and Sandwich Shoppe makes its own super-premium ice cream on site. Patrons can watch ice cream being made during production hours. Over seventy varieties of ice cream and sorbet are made with 29 available on any given day. We also have a full line of sundaes, shakes, malts, and draft root beer floats. Enjoy your ice cream in one of our freshly made waffle cones or enjoy a sundae with our house made hot fudge. If you are hungry for a meal, we offer a full line of sub sandwiches as well as soups, salads, and homemade pizza. Enjoy your ice cream or food in our building which was constructed in 1912. Adorning the walls are vintage photographs of Sister Bay and the surrounding areas. We have an outdoor play area for kids and plenty of seating both inside and out.
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My husband and I stopped here just for the ice cream. The ice cream was good as expected. I like places that make their own ice cream in house. Unique flavors and the ice cream is so creamy. The service was ok. High school kids just waiting for the day to be done. They have other food here, but we would come back for just the ice cream.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is the best ice cream in Sister Bay - made fresh and so many flavors to choose from. They are closed during the off-season, (understandable but sad!) and I'm looking forward to the reopening in spring. I was there several times a week during the season. Although often crowded, they are well-staffed and service moves quickly. I prefer to get a cone but if you like sundaes and specialties, they offer many. While I mainly go for the ice cream, the pizza and sandwiches are good when you need a light meal.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

They make all of their ice cream right in the store so it is fresh and tasty. There are plenty of flavors to choose from and even some specially treats. They serve Texas size servings. There is indoor seating or you can take some home with you. One of our favorites, right by the Beach Road.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I Googled “best ice cream in Door County” and this was at the top of the list. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought the ice cream was good, but it wasn’t anything special. I was expecting unusual flavors to choose from, but on the day we went the flavors were all ones you would find in any ice cream place. We had more delicious ice cream elsewhere in Door County.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We visited expecting to see ice cream being made but were disappointed when we arrived to one employee and an store empty of customers. To be fair, we visited in lat October so maybe during the busier time of the year there is a better chance to see some action but not a this time. Not very impressed.