“My favorite place for a cuppa”

Base Camp Coffee Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Open daily, offering delicious teas, great coffees, cocoas, fresh bakery and vegetarian light fare.
Reviewed 15 December 2017

I'm in Door County a lot and I affectionately call Base Camp "my place" for coffee. But it's more than coffee - French patisserie-quality croissants and other baked goodies plus breakfast/lunch specials.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We just needed coffee and walked into a magic little treasure. Wonderful atmosphere in an old church, great service, music, art, and amazing coffee! We had a gluten free chocolate pastry that was delicious! Felt like we were in Quebec!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

When we are in DC we always make our own coffee/breakfast but I always make sure to stop by Base Camp at least once for a special treat. Their coffee is great and all the food is homemade. It's everything you want in a coffee house.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I always love to give a nice review to a place that offers vegan goodness. I get their hummus wrap and latte with almond milk. I love the staff and always have a relaxing time there either sitting inside or outside. Although I do miss having their Ecology Sports shop right upstairs for easy shopping, it's still just down the road thriving with awesome things to buy<3

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a mid morning coffee fix . Lower level/basement location that is clean, well decorated and charming with friendly, outgoing staff, nice outdoor sitting area, enjoyable and relaxing. My daughter had the grilled cheese sandwich which looked amazing , she said it was very cheesy :).