“Great coffee, French pastries, Quiche - All Delicious”

Base Camp Coffee Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Open daily, offering delicious teas, great coffees, cocoas, fresh bakery and vegetarian light fare.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This little treasure is always packed when open, often with lines out the door in season. Joel offers a small menu of the most delicious French pastries, quiche and sandwiches, made fresh daily. I am a regular whenever he is open. There is limited inside seating in the charming building, with additional seating outside in summer. Come for the coffee, but don't leave without a treat to go with it!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I'm in Door County a lot and I affectionately call Base Camp "my place" for coffee. But it's more than coffee - French patisserie-quality croissants and other baked goodies plus breakfast/lunch specials.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We just needed coffee and walked into a magic little treasure. Wonderful atmosphere in an old church, great service, music, art, and amazing coffee! We had a gluten free chocolate pastry that was delicious! Felt like we were in Quebec!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

When we are in DC we always make our own coffee/breakfast but I always make sure to stop by Base Camp at least once for a special treat. Their coffee is great and all the food is homemade. It's everything you want in a coffee house.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I always love to give a nice review to a place that offers vegan goodness. I get their hummus wrap and latte with almond milk. I love the staff and always have a relaxing time there either sitting inside or outside. Although I do miss having their Ecology Sports shop right upstairs for easy shopping, it's still just down the road thriving with awesome things to buy<3