“Best of Door County”
Review of Chop

Chop
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Price range: US$16 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Now serving breakfast Friday - Sunday 8 AM - 12 PM! With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, CHOP is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. CHOP is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just wrapped up an amazing anniversary weekend in door county. I'm so glad we decided to stay in Sister Bay, just down the road from Chop. We arrived on Thursday night and we're so glad they were open on a weeknight in the off season. We grabbed a seat at the bar and Mike was so fantastic that we decided to eat right there. He made our night enjoyable with great conversation, incredible drinks, and spot-on menu recommendations. He even convinced me to try the NY strip which I'd normally pass on for the ribeye. But my oh my, it was The best strip I've had by far. We enjoyed the whole experience so much that we came back twice for breakfast, and received excellent service again. The breakfast menu is truly unique and delicious, with fantastic coffee and bloodies as well! Sister Bay is the best of door county, and Chop is the best of Sister Bay. We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank SchootsWest

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Morning Breakfast is served from 8 a.m. to noon on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the Quiet Season in Sister Bay. Dinner hours still begin at 5 p.m., but this was a day-trip and we did not plan to stay that long. The menu has about a dozen specialties along with an Early Bird Special (8-9 a.m. only). A number of the items are rather unusual for the area: Breakfast Poutine, Ramen Bowl, and Chorizo and Shrimp Grits.

As I read the menu, I ordered one of Chop’s Build Your Bloody (Mary) drinks. The customer chooses Spirits (vodka, tequila or gin), adds the house Bloody Mary Mix and finishes off with a specialty garnish and chaser. I was feeling kind of traditional so chose Grey Goose vodka, and an Antipasto Garnish (impaled mozzarella cylinders, cherry tomatoes, celery and a dash of balsamic) along with a 4-oz Stella Artois chaser.

Both of us stayed traditional with breakfast choices: Chop Breakfast (crispy bacon, eggs over griddle smashed potatoes, toast and cherry butter), and Apple Dutch Baby Pancakes. The Chop breakfast was nicely done and enough to satisfy a good appetite. The fluffy pancake was folded over like a crepe with sauced apple chunks within – very good. A melon fruit dish completed the meal.

The restaurant is a rather new arrival (?two years) on the west side of main street in Sister Bay. It was a quiet day during the Quiet Season so parking and service was not a problem. Guests were just on the first floor of the two-level establishment. This was a good way to sample a very popular and promising restaurant. We’ll be back when the ice is out of the harbor.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We ate early on a Saturday evening and took advantage of their fixed price dinner. My husband and I both had a great mushroom bisque. I had shrimp and my husband had salmon. Both our entrees were great. Dessert was raspberry sorbet and it was all under $50!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had such a great breakfast we are going to go back for dinner. Wonderful bloody Mary’s, clean tables and great wait staff. Will be going back for dinner this evening too.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Steaks and pork chops are very good as was the service the only thing was the martini not to my liking seemed watered down by the ice when shaken . but other than that had a great time , sat at the bar after dinner and talked with Mike the bar manager nice guy.