“Ribs Special on Saturday”

Northern Grill & Pizza
Ranked #19 of 39 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stopped in for dinner on Saturday for the BBQ Rib special. My wife and I both ordered the rib special. The ribs fall of the bone and are very juicy. The sides that came with the food are small but adequate portions of cole slaw, and choice of potato. Overall I would recommend this place for the ribs.

Date of visit: September 2017
wonderfulmeal, Manager at Northern Grill & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Thank you for the nice review!!! Hope to see you soon!!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Had pizza and pasta for take-out. Very disappointed. Mediocre pizza, greasy pasta. Garlic bread was a cruel joke.
Looking for pizza? Go elsewhere.

Date of visit: August 2017
wonderfulmeal, Owner at Northern Grill & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Sorry to hear your take out was not good. I can assure you that is not the norm. Please try us again.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We went there as a family. My husband had the fish fry and it was very good. Not a huge helping, but adequate (4 pieces). The pizza is very good with a medium thickness crust. Try the cherry bomb- delicious! We had a very nice server that was attentive. We were there on a Friday night (6ish) and we were seated right away.

Date of visit: August 2017
wonderfulmeal, Owner at Northern Grill & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thank you! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

So my buddy and I were in Door County for two weeks, writing about restaurants for a California travel publisher. We dined there on the Sunday evening July 30. The place was busy, and unfortunately we were sat at a makeshift booth in the bar. Coke and Pepsi lovers, be aware, this place only serves RC Cola products! Like when was the last time you saw RC at the grocery store? My partner tried the cherry/vodka drink offered, he said it was okay. Our server, a lovely girl from France named Charlotte provided excellent customer service and was very attentive to our needs. We ordered their large pizza with Italian sausage. Aromatic and done to perfection when it came to our table. By far the best pizza I've ever had! Perfect cook in their Blodgett pizza oven! We were not a fan of the hostess who was barking to the servers about side work that needed to be completed before they went home. Charlotte told us that many of the servers were students from Europe who worked there for the summer season.

We needed to go back a second night to complete our review and eat in the actual dining room, so we came back the next night for dinner. We tried their fried cheese curds and they were just okay - probably mass produced - frozen with basic breading. We ordered the same pizza as the night before to get more photos of it. Pizza was still great. What wasn't great was the service. Our American server, Lena, was not attentive, never came back to the table to see how things were going or to refill our drinks. We had to find her twice to get refills. One time she was gabbing at the front door with the hostess. This evening the place wasn't crowded so there was no excuse for such poor service.

We decided not to recommend this place after our 2nd visit. If you want great pizza, take it to go- you won't be disappointed in that.

PS - the TV in the dining room with the aquarium scene was neither enjoyable or relaxing.

Date of visit: July 2017

RC is the most common soda in Door County. The reason is their service and attentiveness to quality beats out Pepsi and Coke. Any new restaurant that has the latter changes quickly to RC when they realize they can’t get service. We are a small community and Pepsi and Coke are just to big for our Peninsula.
You came in the first night and sat in the bar we assumed to be social. The second night when you sat in the dining room we assumed you wanted a little more intimate. We give one free refill per soda and if I remember correctly I think I refilled them once and so did she.
As for the aquarium, people love it. And the fireplace we show. Actually, people have named the fish and I have one group that plays a drinking game to the aquarium.
“Gabbing” I think you mean working out a schedule.
Im glad you liked our pizza.
Your server Charlotte is wonderful. Her trainer/manager Lena did a great job in a very short time making her a strong Server for our restaurant. Both, wonderful women.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The service here was exceptional! They were very quick and kept our drinks full and our food came out in a good amount of time and served hot. My husband had fish and chips he said were good. I shared a pasta dish which was just ok. Lasagna I heard were just okay as well. The Rachel was also good. Nothing over the top excellent, but service was outstanding!

Date of visit: July 2017

Thank you! We hope to see you again soon!