All reviews door county no elevator pool and hot tub room was clean microwave and refrigerator the breakfast area biscuits and gravy first floor yogurt free breakfast pleasant stay great place to stay would stay here again convenient location nice breakfast front desk staff one night stay
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My friend and I stayed at the Maritime Inn while on vacation in Door County. The location is very good for touring Door County - just off of State Highway 42 and close to State Highway 57. Downtown Sturgeon Bay is also a short drive away. The hotel itself is very nicely appointed, with a pleasant lobby and a nice breakfast area with a good selection of breakfast food. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. I especially appreciated the small refrigerator in the room, which was useful for keeping soda pop, snacks, and leftovers cold. If I were to find fault with anything, it would be the full length mirror mounted on the INSIDE of the bathroom door, directly in front of the toilet! It made quite off-putting to "do one's business"!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I thought this was a great hotel for the moola. Free, big breakfast, close to wineries, free coffee 24/7, clean beds, clean bathrooms, great staff, plenty of towels, good parking, fridge, microwave. I didn't swim, but it looked like a nice pool. Accessible. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: popular hotel - book early
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Stayed here for two nights while visiting family.

Very, very quiet hotel - even though we were on the front of the hotel. Staff was fairly friendly. We had breakfast both mornings in the breakfast area - it was good with decent variety, but could have certainly been a little cleaner. TVs in the breakfast area either need to be fixed or turned off - every 15 seconds or so, there would either go dark or mute.

Probably the best place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Hokiechip
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Close to shopping, good breakfast, clean facilities, decent value, friendly and helpful staff. Nice size meeting/breakfast room. Excellent business center and adequate/safe parking. Would definitely stay here again as a reasonably priced home base to start out various trips farther up into Door County. This time of year prices in the county skyrocket but this BW had reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Lobby and rooms to the left are at opposite end of the hotel from the pool and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018

First, everyone in Door County, Wisconsin is extremely friendly, warm and accommodating...except for the workers at this Best Western. The front desk staff never smile, never say "thank you," and do not ask if your stay is good. On the first day, the breakfast bar was not stocked and the coffee machine was broken. Each morning (we stayed 3 nights), my back was in severe pain because the bed was terrible. Finally, and most importantly, the day before we left we went to the front desk. I said, "I have two quick questions: what time is check-out tomorrow?" The desk person said "11 o'clock." I then asked,"since we will probably want to sleep in tomorrow morning, can you please leave a "do not disturb" sign inside our room because we were never given one?" She said, "no problem." Later that afternoon, we returned to the hotel only to find that the "do not disturb" sign was placed ON OUR DOOR (not in our room, like I asked), and therefore it was no surprise that housecleaning had not cleaned our room. I went down to the front desk. The lady said that housecleaning had gone home and that the next clerk would be in at 5 o'clock and she could have the room cleaned for us. I said, "okay, we will be at the pool, so she can clean our room as soon as she arrives to work, okay?" She said, "yes." Then, we returned from the pool at 5:30 pm and the room was still not cleaned. I went back to the front desk. The only person at the hotel who was friendly was the new clerk, named Amy. She said she couldn't clean our room because she was the only person working and couldn't leave the front desk, but should could make sure that we had clean towels, at least. She said we should talk with the manager in the morning before we check out and that they would do something for us with our bill. I said that was fine. The next morning, I went to check out at 10:30 am and the female manager who I was told would be there had already left! The desk clerk on duty was the same grumpy woman who made the mistake to begin with. She scowled at me when I said I wanted to speak to a manager. She said the manager had already left. I asked, "is there no one else here?" She said "the other manager is in his office with the door shut, and I'm not suppose to disturb him when the door is shut. The next manager will be in at 3 pm, and I'll have her call you." I said, "No, I want to take care of this now." She grumbled and sighed and went to the office, knocked on the door, and entered; then she shut the door behind her. The two of them talked for about 2 minutes. She then came back and said, "we can give you 15% off the bill for the issue." I said, "that's it?" She responded, "yeah." I couldn't believe it. 15% was less than half of just one night's stay! Plus, I didn't know what was more insulting -- the 15% reduction in price, or that the male manager didn't think enough of his clientele to come out and talk to me!!! I thought about making a deal out of it, but I figured they wouldn't do anything else. So I just said "fine." She handed me my receipt, and that was it. She didn't say "I hope you had a good stay" or "good bye" or "safe travels" or anything!!! It was infuriating. I will NEVER stay at this BW again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. And, I'm a BW awards member!

By the way -- although I was told I would receive a 15% reduction for my overall stay, in the end, they only took off 15% of ONE NIGHT!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple