See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Because of the TA reviews I read before my trip, I was looking forward to staying at this little "mom-and-pop" motel. After a long day of flying, then driving to Superior, I pulled into the parking lot, and was immediately discouraged. It just looked a bit dumpy, but I was there and I was tired. Now, to their credit, the man in charge could not have been more pleasant or cooperative. In fact, he made it a point to converse at length with every guest. It was the room with which I had problems. First of all, the carpet was so filthy, I would not have walked on it with bare feet for anything! The one time I was barefoot in the room, I immediately went and washed my feet and put on shoes. Sticky, clammy from humidity (I assume), and just downright nasty. There was a very obvious mark from a steam iron on the carpeting, where someone had ironed on the floor. The bed squeaked horribly, but otherwise the mattress was comfortable enough. The bed linens were possibly the worst I've ever seen...the thinnest of blankets under a dingy bedspread (that spent the night on the floor - I wasn't covering up with that!), and the sheets were tissue-thin. Cheap, cheap, cheap. The pillows were so worn, they were nearly non-existent. The wall-unit air conditioner filter was so full of greasy dust, I hesitated to turn it on, but humidity won out, so I put up with air pollution and noise all night. And it was really noisy! The remote to the television did not work at all, and the power button had been removed from the t.v. set itself, so no television. The wireless connection was so weak, I could not connect. When I asked about the connectivity, I was told if I wanted to use Wi-Fi, I'd have to sit outside. The Bay Motel was the first night of a two-week road trip for me. I have chosen several other "mom-and-pop" motels along the way, based on Trip Advisor reviews. Let's hope I have better luck further on down the road.

Room Tip: If you want Wi-Fi, ask for a room next to the office. The router sits up on the check-in counter. You might be able to get a signal!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank WolfCreekGal
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The folks at the Bay motel were great, reserved my room a couple days ahead of time, was ready when I arrived, even let me checkin early. I am a pro photographer so I stay at a lot of motels. Most are pretty sterile and not too friendly. Not the folks at the Bay motel, I talked to the owner and very nice fellow she had working the night shift. Both were very friendly and helpful, always had the coffee on and were very accommodating when I had to stay an extra day. I keep a book of the places I stay along with notes , I'll be staying here again ! Thanks !!
P.S. Best rates in town!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Phil F
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I could not be more pleased with the Bay Motel! I stayed here for four nights. It's very clean. The service is friendly and personal. There is an in-room microwave and fridge. Very comfortable bed. Plenty of outlets for recharging phones, computers, cameras, etc. plus plenty of space on the desk and long dresser to spread out your belongings, or tuck them out of sight. Great location. Locally owned and operated. My car is easy to load and unload as it's right outside my own front door. Feels like home away from home. I will definitely be staying here any time I'm in the Duluth/Superior area!

Room Tip: Number 6 has good, reliable internet connection.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Lori C
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This often overlooked motel is a hidden gem. Located one block from the beach this property is clean, reasonably priced, and quiet. Call ahead as they often sell out and ask for a room close to the Wifi source. Well run with courteous staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Bradford7050
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Bay Motel last month when the normal hotel we stay at was full. The room was smaller than we were use to but it was clean, quiet and the rate was great. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family