See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

I remember back when this little old lady was running the place and it was really clean. The people that own it now hasn't kept up with the upkeep and it's a dump now. I had to change to 3 rooms. The first room the bed wasn't made. The second room had a cord hanging out the window for their RV. Looks as though they didn't want to stay in the Motel as well. 3rd room smelled like stale smoke. Keep in mind 3 of the rooms the tv wasn't working. I had to move the furniture around and plug things in to get the things to work. The cleaning was horrible. I took a shower and when I got out of the shower to dry my legs I noticed BM down the front of the toilet. Ish! I didn't tell my family because they would've went somewhere else. I also found old adult fun makers under the bed and
a syringe. The owner seemed kind and we didn't have any problems with them. Well what did I expect for 50 bucks a night. I thought the little old lady was still there. Oh btw it's for sale. I'm sure if someone dumped some money into it it could be a prize again.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were traveling from Sault Ste Marie Michigan to Two Harbors Minnesota and needed a place to stay on a Friday night. They had a big event going on in town that weekend and we had a hard time finding a good price for a room. They had one room available and we got it for a great price!! Owner is super friendly and they're dog friendly! Thumbs up from two very tired travelers. :)

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bbbodin
Reviewed 16 September 2015

There was a time when 'The 'Bay' was the best bargain in the ports... Unfortunately the new management behaves as if operation of the establishment is an annoying distraction. Moreover, their new price structure leaves little incentive for toleration of their 'proclivities' (not the least of which include; hit-and-miss office 'hours', failure to respond to their telephone, 'lost' bookings, and inaccurate rate quotes...)

While I'll grant that they offer clean rooms in a nice, conveniently located neighborhood, such hardly offsets their unprovoked rudeness and generally lackadaisical attitude...

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
8  Thank FleurNuquay
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Looks as though they charge weekend rates as early as Thursday. I was told that it didn't matter if I stayed or not. Someone will come tonight and pay the price. It's a $30 mark up from Wednesday to Thursday through Saturday. I would have stayed but the lady was extremely rude. The gentleman who was supposed to be running the front desk looked like he was playing let's make a deal with a television with a local fella. Pretty sketchy. I took my business across the freeway and payed the same price they were asking. Only I got a bar, restaurant, and a pool!
Never again will I return to this location.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank jeff441
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Having traveled extensively, this is undoubtedly the worst place I have ever stayed! It is extremely dirty with garbage piled outside the door. The rooms smell horribly and there is no housekeeping (not even clean towels) unless you request it. Do not stay here; I guarantee you are safer and will be more comfortable sleeping in your vehicle at a TRUCK STOP!! A nightmare of a motel.

Date of stay: July 2015