“under new management”
Review of The Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Superior
The Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Superior B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2016

The Hotel is under New Management and every effort will be made to keep the hotel rooms clean, fresh, new towels and sheets. Great rates. Please give us a try again. We have new items such as towels, sheets, flat screen TV's and we are pet friendly.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

I remember back when this little old lady was running the place and it was really clean. The people that own it now hasn't kept up with the upkeep and it's a dump now. I had to change to 3 rooms. The first room the bed wasn't made. The second room had a cord hanging out the window for their RV. Looks as though they didn't want to stay in the Motel as well. 3rd room smelled like stale smoke. Keep in mind 3 of the rooms the tv wasn't working. I had to move the furniture around and plug things in to get the things to work. The cleaning was horrible. I took a shower and when I got out of the shower to dry my legs I noticed BM down the front of the toilet. Ish! I didn't tell my family because they would've went somewhere else. I also found old adult fun makers under the bed and
a syringe. The owner seemed kind and we didn't have any problems with them. Well what did I expect for 50 bucks a night. I thought the little old lady was still there. Oh btw it's for sale. I'm sure if someone dumped some money into it it could be a prize again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were traveling from Sault Ste Marie Michigan to Two Harbors Minnesota and needed a place to stay on a Friday night. They had a big event going on in town that weekend and we had a hard time finding a good price for a room. They had one room available and we got it for a great price!! Owner is super friendly and they're dog friendly! Thumbs up from two very tired travelers. :)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bbbodin
Reviewed 16 September 2015

There was a time when 'The 'Bay' was the best bargain in the ports... Unfortunately the new management behaves as if operation of the establishment is an annoying distraction. Moreover, their new price structure leaves little incentive for toleration of their 'proclivities' (not the least of which include; hit-and-miss office 'hours', failure to respond to their telephone, 'lost' bookings, and inaccurate rate quotes...)

While I'll grant that they offer clean rooms in a nice, conveniently located neighborhood, such hardly offsets their unprovoked rudeness and generally lackadaisical attitude...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
8  Thank FleurNuquay
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Looks as though they charge weekend rates as early as Thursday. I was told that it didn't matter if I stayed or not. Someone will come tonight and pay the price. It's a $30 mark up from Wednesday to Thursday through Saturday. I would have stayed but the lady was extremely rude. The gentleman who was supposed to be running the front desk looked like he was playing let's make a deal with a television with a local fella. Pretty sketchy. I took my business across the freeway and payed the same price they were asking. Only I got a bar, restaurant, and a pool!
Never again will I return to this location.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo