US$99
US$70
US$63
EconoLodge
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Absolute wonderful place to stay. Vicki treats you like family. Beautiful view of the river. We have come back to stay on a weekend for 5 year and are planning on a return trip next year. The rooms were clean.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cindyo184
Reviewed 23 November 2016

I was a bit disturbed reading about what others have said about this particular motel because my experience was just the opposite. Having grown up in Tomahawk across the river from this motel, I never had reason to stay there until now, following the death of my mother in September. We asked to see a room on a visit when we still had the family home to stay in, and were very impressed with the rustic northwoods feel of the lobby, the room, even the hallway! We loved the view of the river, Veteran's Memorial Park across the river, and the 4th Street Bridge. A big plus in the location department is that you can get across the new bridge on a pedestrian sidewalk so you feel very safe getting to the park, and there's a tunnel under the bridge on the park side that will get you to Dairy Queen on the other side. I'm big into walking so this is HUGE for me! We had a problem the first night figuring out how the shower worked and Vickie was quick to show us a little trick that worked like a charm. There was also a bit of 'work' to get the door lock to open sometimes but after a couple of times we had it figured out. We like our privacy and were pleased to find that we had a room next to quiet neighbors. In fact the whole floor was quiet during our stay! We don't feel the need to have our towels changed every day (we don't do that at home either), nor did we feel the need to have someone else making our bed (we don't always make our own at home either) and therefore asked not to have our room serviced. Vickie thanked us for letting her know and put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. Others have complained that there isn't someone on site 24/7. We didn't feel the need for that and a contact number was posted on the door and we were told help was 7 minutes away. There isn't a breakfast included, but we were fine with that too since we enjoyed the idea of having our kind of breakfast at a time suitable for us. We'd brought our own breakfast items with us, but there are good restaurants around that serve breakfast or Nelson's County Market is literally right around the corner if you want to buy something to eat in the room. The lobby is shut down early which again did not bother me. I knew where the light switches were and when I wanted some peace and quiet in the evening since I might not be liking what my husband was watching on TV, I went down, turned on one of the very cool lamps and sat there in the subdued lighting and enjoyed the tranquility of some PEACE AND QUIET, and worked on my knitting. Isn't that what most of us are trying to get when we're on vacation, some rest and relaxation? Granted, our stay was in November, but it was the first weekend of the gun deer season, and even then, there wasn't noise, either inside or outside. Maybe it's different in the spring and summer when there's more activity. I'm looking forward to enjoying the Kwahamot Water Ski Show when it's warm enough for them to start skiing again. If we can't see them from our patio, we'll just walk a few hundred yards to the main bleacher area, and enjoy the show up close. This will definitely be our 'go to' motel for future trips to Tomahawk. We've already made our reservation for the first weekend in February. (note to those of you who might have had a bad experience last year....that was LAST year and I would say that things have changed for the good since then. Ron and Vickie are good people. If you feel that you can, give them another chance. We already have.)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We ( family of 5) were excited to stop in Tomahawk for a few events we were attending in the area. When I called 6 days before our night stay to book, I was told that there were no rooms available for the night. 3 days later we called again and Lucy answered and stated that there was a room. So we booked it. On the website it states that EVERY room has queen size beds and a great views for the night time Aqua Ski Show. Upon arriving at Bridge Inn, no one at first desk. Waited until a younger Man came in to give us out keys and charge the room on our credit card. We brought a cot with us knowing one of the kids were gonna need it, since they didnt have any roll-aways. We were given 2 extra towels and a blanket. We were told that once everyone checks in for the night there is no one on the premises if you need anything, but there would be a cell number taped at the front desk. In our room is was semi cleaned, found peanuts on the ground around the beds. It was the kind of room that I immediately thought of checking for bed bugs, none found, but the appearance triggered that. The little fridge was not cold at all. I did get a chance to ask the young guy why the fridge was not cooling down and he said they turn it way down to save energy. i get that but the fridge didnt even feel cool the next morning and our left overs had to be tossed. The beds were only full size, we actually measured them. We did our event in the afternoon. We were excited to get back to see the water ski show that night and eat our pizza while watching. Well, the view was a huge disappointment. We were on the 2nd Floor and the balcony rails were in our way if we wanted to sit, and even if you stood up you only got to see the end of the trick when the skiers usually fell down. My boys watched 3 mins of it and went in then room to eat and watch TV. The A/C didn't work so we slept very poor that night. We couldn't not leave the patio door open because the screen door didn't shut correctly because the track was all bent up and We really didn't want any bugs flying in. We felt so ripped off, paid 125.00 for the night. The next morning my husband went to talk to the Manager on duty told him about our NOT so nice stay. The manager said that only the 1st floor rooms have Queen size beds. And that he was sorry the A/C didn't work well. We told him the fridge never got cold, he said it takes awhile. If your were sold out wouldn't you turn it up for the people checking in?? We told him that the room must never have been vacuumed because of the peanuts we found (thank God we don't have allergy's)
So after all that the manager just says, Well this place is up for sell anyways. And that was that! No attempt to give us any refund and he just was OH WELL TOO SAD!
OH and the FREE WIFI.... didnt work unless you were next to the office. We were the 2nd to last room at the end of the building. If wanted to look up something we had to go down the hall to get the WIFI. I thought about trying to call and get any kind of refund but with the attitude of the manager and knowing it was up for sale I felt that I wouldn't waste my breath.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank DeAnna A
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Not impressed with this hotel. As soon as you walk in the Cigarette Smell hits you. It's like a mix between stale cigarettes and old person home. The lady at the front desk is pretty surly. We arrived at 2:30 (check in is at 3). I had been told on the phone when we placed the reservation that if our room was ready, we could check in early. Well it was apparent by her attitude that it was a big issue for her to walk the 50 feet down the hall to check and see if our room was ready.

She spoke to me like I was a child. Never smiled once and told me several times that our door key was sticking in the lock and that we would have to jiggle it to get it to work. I Told her if we had any trouble, we'd just come ask for help- she then informed me that "I just tried the lock and it worked fine." She also told us she could only find one of the two keys we were supposed to get. I told her we could make do with one key, as long as she remembered that we only had one, so we didn't get charged for a lost key. She glared at me for several seconds and said in a surly, disgusted voice "I'll remember"

It was like we were "inconveniencing" her to stay there.

There is no attendant at night - so if you need something (like toilet paper- since there was only a half of a roll in our bathroom), you're supposed to call a phone number that's posted by the lobby door on a hand written piece of paper.

The hand towels in the bathroom were Christmas towels with poinsettias on them. It's the middle of June.

Besides that - the bedding seemed clean, as did the bathroom. The ski show right out our door was nice. But we will not stay here again. For a few extra dollars - there's definitely better out there.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful!! The view of the river is very appealing. We enjoyed staying out on the patio. The room was very large with room for our huskies. Nice and clean. Convenient location. The staff is friendly and helpful. We even stayed an extra night!!

Stayed: June 2015