“Saturday night pasta buffet is great.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wetlands Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Warrens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Inexpensive and hearty meal. Kids eat for reduced rate. Several kinds of noodles and sauces to create your own pasta dishes. Every sauce was good. Food was piping hot and plentiful. Shame hardly no one was there to enjoy the food. Staff is very attentive.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were very happy with the options and service the restaurant provided. Each night there is a "special." The night we ate there was a pasta bar. They did a great job of adjusting the price based on age. The weekend breakfast buffet was amazing as well! The atmosphere was great! There were large windows that overlooked a lake and a deck that you could sit outside if you wished.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had a brunch on Saturday morning, and the food was quite yucky. There were dry muffins, and unripe fruit. There was an omelette bar, but the line was really long and it was slow. Coffee was watery. Our sons enjoyed the cranberry juice. That was it. Skip it.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Went here on Father's Day for breakfast (we were not staying on site). We were seated and told they were only doing a buffet (which was fine). What was being offered (or in our case) not being offered was the issue. Made to order omelettes were offered and then the buffet. Pancakes, french toast sticks, scrambled eggs, bacon - all chafing dishes were empty. The fruit platter (or lack thereof) and muffin tray were empty as well. We decided to eat the omelettes and wait for refilling of buffet. We ordered coffee and then waited and waited and then edited some more. One cup of coffee each, 3 omelettes and a check for $44! I asked to see a manager (as did the table next to us for the same reasons). Manager said the buffet was full when they put it out at 7:00 (we were there at 9:30) and that they weren't staffed for the number of people coming for breakfast. THIS IS FATHERS DAY.........really, you weren't expecting a crowd? Mind you, the restaurant was perhaps 1/4 full when we arrived and was possibly 1/2 full when we left. After the manager offered to buy our coffee (what coffee?) I proceeded to tell him I refused to pay $44. I also said I wasn't looking for a free meal but wanted our bill adjusted. Final bill was $19 (and I left $6 tip) as this was not a wait staff issue (other than no refills on coffee). This was my first and only time I will ever visit this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We ate in the bar area of this bar and grill, to our detriment. The service wasn't just bad here, it was nonexistent. Literally. Our server took our drink order, then our food order, then....vanished. We did not see her the rest of the night. We sat with empty drinks and watched those around us suffer a similar fate. I saw one guy holding his credit card out for the bartender to see in a futile attempt to pay his bill and leave. And his glass was empty so he didn't even have a drink to nurse as he waited a good half hour to pay. I also watched another patron bus his own table, and the bartender made another family walk up to the bar to get menus because the place was so understaffed.

We ordered a pizza that was supposed to take 20 minutes and a steak sandwich. An hour and a half later, we were still waiting. There was no one to talk to and see what the problem was, other than the bartender, who couldn't keep up with just the bar. I was finally able to get the bartender's attention and asked her to send the manager over. When I asked what was taking so long, she said our pizza was there~the one we had seen be brought down a good half hour earlier. It was still warm, so we decided it was better than waiting who knows how long for another one. As for the steak sandwich, when it finally came it was cold. I sent it back, and when they brought the new one they screwed it up again, giving me fries instead of onion rings. And it was still only lukewarm. And we never did get drink refills the entire two hours we were there until the manager brought our food. The pizza would have been pretty good had it been hot, other than they hardly put any ingredients on the outer 2-3 inches of the thing. The steak sandwich was just ok. I would have been disappointed if I had to pay for it.

The only saving grace in the whole disaster is that the manager did the right thing and comped our check for us. As for our server, we never did find out what happened to her. Having breakfast in the restaurant the next day our server there told us it was dead the night before, so much so in fact that he was sent home early. Maybe our server suffered a similar fate. We'll never know. But the bar was busy so they should've sent some help there. Inexcusable.

We did eat breakfast and dinner in the restaurant portion of this place the next day and the food was good and the service much better, but that was mainly because we were the only people in the entire restaurant.

This place is a small town location with big city prices. $4+ for a tap beer? Pul-leeze. $13 for a breakfast buffet not including drinks? Ouch.

This place is part of a large hotel, condo, villa, waterpark property, so unless you want to do some driving this is your only option. I wouldn't eat in the bar under any circumstances. Good luck...