“Food was average, Service was a joke.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wetlands Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Warrens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife & I went for a fish fry. We were seated quickly but then waited a long time for a waitress. We ordered the fish fry and a cup of soup but asked the waitress to repeat our order before she left our table. She had the order wrong. A while later our food came. No soup. We didn't want the soup to be delivered after the fish so we didn't say anything. Also, no tartar sauce--I had asked for two servings. She got the tartar. Then I asked about the cole slaw--Isn't it included? Yes it was, she would go get some. It was pretty much a battle for each item of food. Then our bill came. No soup on the bill, which was good, but it did include some bar drinks that were not ours. Talked with a manager and he seemed interested in our complaints. But as the title says FOOD WAS AVERAGE, SERVICE WAS A JOKE.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Inexpensive and hearty meal. Kids eat for reduced rate. Several kinds of noodles and sauces to create your own pasta dishes. Every sauce was good. Food was piping hot and plentiful. Shame hardly no one was there to enjoy the food. Staff is very attentive.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were very happy with the options and service the restaurant provided. Each night there is a "special." The night we ate there was a pasta bar. They did a great job of adjusting the price based on age. The weekend breakfast buffet was amazing as well! The atmosphere was great! There were large windows that overlooked a lake and a deck that you could sit outside if you wished.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had a brunch on Saturday morning, and the food was quite yucky. There were dry muffins, and unripe fruit. There was an omelette bar, but the line was really long and it was slow. Coffee was watery. Our sons enjoyed the cranberry juice. That was it. Skip it.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Went here on Father's Day for breakfast (we were not staying on site). We were seated and told they were only doing a buffet (which was fine). What was being offered (or in our case) not being offered was the issue. Made to order omelettes were offered and then the buffet. Pancakes, french toast sticks, scrambled eggs, bacon - all chafing dishes were empty. The fruit platter (or lack thereof) and muffin tray were empty as well. We decided to eat the omelettes and wait for refilling of buffet. We ordered coffee and then waited and waited and then edited some more. One cup of coffee each, 3 omelettes and a check for $44! I asked to see a manager (as did the table next to us for the same reasons). Manager said the buffet was full when they put it out at 7:00 (we were there at 9:30) and that they weren't staffed for the number of people coming for breakfast. THIS IS FATHERS DAY.........really, you weren't expecting a crowd? Mind you, the restaurant was perhaps 1/4 full when we arrived and was possibly 1/2 full when we left. After the manager offered to buy our coffee (what coffee?) I proceeded to tell him I refused to pay $44. I also said I wasn't looking for a free meal but wanted our bill adjusted. Final bill was $19 (and I left $6 tip) as this was not a wait staff issue (other than no refills on coffee). This was my first and only time I will ever visit this restaurant.