“Excellent Food!”

Hotel Washington Restaurant
Description: Dear Friends, Time flies and our 4th season is upon us. I know this not solely because my 2018 calendar is open to May, but because the sunrise now beams in my bedroom window before 5 a.m. accompanied by a choir of avian songsters. Such wonder! The celestial alarm clock announces another day to work and play, and another season to offer island lovers and new visitors alike a beautiful space for rest and renewal with nature, self, and others. As Van Gogh reflected, “I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.” We invite you to come, again and again, to experience the dream that is Hotel Washington as it continues to unfold. With gratitude, Jeannie Kokes and the Hotel Washington team
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We had a quaint outdoor dinner. The menu choices are few, but we were very pleased with our delicious New York strip dinners. No additional seasoning was needed (which is extremely rare for us). The staff was friendly. We did not have a reservation and they graciously accommodated us; however, during busy times, reservations are recommended. The inside atmosphere is lovely as well.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Truly delicious dinner prepared by a Superb Chef! How lucky were we to find him on such a romantic island off the beaten path in Wisconsin? The wine selection was also superb. I chose a Port for dessert - capping off a wonderful evening. Everyone was so gracious. This is our new favorite!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Hotel Washington last week for a nice meal on the Island. It did not disappoint. We were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere. Very classic and peaceful. An adult meal not for kids. The service was great and the food was excellent. We both had the white fish but served different ways. Both were great. We had the beet salad and cheese platter. Awesome.

1  Thank LpsP_13
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My husband and I wandered into this lovely hotel after taking a wrong turn. The manager, Jan, was very friendly and told us that on Tuesdays, they do small plates and do we want a reservation. Of course we said yes.

The small plates turned out to be not very small at all, each enough for the two of us. We had the Wisconsin cheese board that had three different kinds of cheese, a salami and wonderful crisp crackers. Our other "small" plates were a wonderful salad with watermelon radishes (!!) and golden beets, wonderful seared whitefish with smashed potatoes and a great lemon butter sauce and ravioli with what looked like braciole. These small plates were $6 each. The wine was great, the service was attentive. What more can I say. Except that we went back for dinner two days later.

Don't miss this wonderful place on Washington Island.

1  Thank Betty3416
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Had a great 48th birthday dinner with my adult daughter and 13 year old daughter. Beautiful restored farmhouse with a fantastic view of Lake Michigan. We ate around twilight, it was slightly cool on the porch - but they brought us flannel blankets to keep the chill off as it cooled down. Very attentive staff and the food was amazing. The pan-sauteed whitefish was in the top 5 of fish entrees I've ever had. Pork shoulder cavatelli was fantastic, fettucine also very good. Impressive wine selection. Outstanding hand-crafted ginger beer.

1  Thank aslangirl87