Motel 6 Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau(Wausau)(Great Value!)
US$79
La Quinta
US$75
US$59
Days Inn & Suites Wausau(Wausau)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$110
US$159
US$143
Agoda.com
All reviewschecking instay there againgalmicrowavetvamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Clean. Cheap price. Good thing that I checked the website. There was soap! No shampoo and conditioner. No coffee in the room but coffee in thermos pots in lobby. Thank goodness. No breakfast of any kind. Three very small bath towels. Three scratchy washclothes. One handtowel. Refrigerator worked great. Microwave should be thrown away. Rusty inside and also corrosion. Quiet! Beds and pillows were comfortable. I liked the idea of no carpeting. TV worked fine.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms where clean and staff was very nice. Only in town for a few minutes It was a nice layover. Price was wonderful.
Quiet little town. Stopped over to meet our banker. From Mississippi. Haha. Will check out motel 6s from now on.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Nice location that was recently remodeled and a great channel selection on the TV. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Very clean room. Great value for the price. Close to restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I was very surprised on how wonderful this motel was for the price. The front desk gal Kim was absolutely wonderful. She was very helpful, they are lucky to have such a awesome employee.
The room was very clean bedding was very soft.
My only complaint was the bed was a bit to hard for me.

Room Tip: Lower north side was quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank kellrussdiane
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

⁃ The motel is close to the local highways, close to route 51 and 52 and 192 and 193. It's also close to Marathon park.
⁃ I stayed there for 2 days as I was running the Wausau marathon which starts and finishes at Marathon park which is close by, about 0.4-0.5 miles. You can even walk to the start line if that's your thing!
⁃ The hotel has a sink, mini fridge, TV and microwave.
⁃ It has a full shower and toilet.
⁃ The advantages; there is a brick wall separating the various rooms. Therefore, there is very little noise that emanates from adjoining rooms.
⁃ The cleaning crew is on top of the cleanliness at the motel. They have quite a bit of staff which is a good thing as some hotels have a skeleton staff that cleans rooms quickly as they have too many rooms to clean and thus clean improperly.
⁃ They allowed me to check in early with no fuss at all, a miracle in itself. I have tried checking in at hotels early severally, especially if you are flying in or driving in from a far off place but they never let you check in early.
⁃ I also had to check out early as I had a red-eye flight! The placed is staffed 24 hours a day 7 days a week so there was a staff member to check me out.
⁃ Their Wifi was the most reliable Wifi I have ever encountered in a hotel! I have T-Mobile service and T-Mobile is non-existent in Wausau, so I was basically roaming with spotty reception. I had forgotten that there is even a phenomenon called roaming! My phone internet couldn't even work most times. So, I asked for the Wifi password and I was informed that it was printed on the back of the magnetic key paper cover. If you have tried using hotel wifi from various hotels, it never works. Voila, it worked! The staff let me know that the wifi password needs to be re keyed in if you left the motel and came back but I only did that once, maybe twice. The rest of the time, the phone picked the Wifi up right away!
⁃ The AC worked well (August)
⁃ They have an ice vending machine and I did see a gym close to the reception. I never used the gym though.
⁃ There are many restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations and amenities around, many within walking distance so if you need anything it is just a few minutes away.
⁃ If you need a no-frills hotel/motel to stay in, then this is it. If you came across this review when searching for hotels to stay in during the Wausau marathon, I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel. There were several of us runners staying at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo