All reviewsgreat locationolder propertywithin walking distancefree water park passesstayed hereclose to downtownfridge and microwaveflat screen tvcomfortable bedswould stay here againattractionscoupon
Reviewed 7 January 2015

Stayed here for two nights over New Years. Cute little place. The room and bathroom are large. We had the end room upstairs. I loved having the end, because of the view I got from the windows. Short distance to the river walk. Across the street from a beautiful pub/ restaurant. Walking distance to downtown. The only issue I had was the room was very cold when I arrived. I turned the heater on right away. It took a little while to heat up, but once it did, it stayed very warm the entire stay. Very clean room, nothing flashy, but comfortable and clean. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Bring a small heater for the bathroom, I went and bought one. It was wonderful having a warm bathroom. Remember to unplug it when leaving your room. That would be your responsibility :)
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debie S
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I spent two nights this week at River Road Motel. We were very pleased with the newly remodeled room. Looks like the bedding and bathroom was recently refurbished. And there was a new flat screen TV. The room was spotless and owner was very pleasant at the front desk. You can't beat the location which is walking distance for all the fun downtown bars and restaurants. And you can't beat the price. We used to go to River Road Motel years before, but felt it was run down. Now it's looking good!! Will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shellymust
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We (2 adults and our 6 year old) stayed here for 5 nights in July 2013. We chose it because we got off the Amtrak and stumbled upon it. We made a good choice, the owner offered us a good rate (initially stayed 3 nights and extended our stay), passes to chula vista and several other local attractions. The room was spacious, had 2 double beds, en suite bathroom with bath and shower. The room had a fridge and microwave. We found the staff very helpful, they went out of their way for us, assisting us with phoning for taxi's, arranging car hire and just generally being friendly and answering our questions. We would definitely stay here again, we considered the price and location good, preferring to be off strip and in downtown. there is a fabulous pub over the road called River Walk Pub, they do good lunches and beers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jo F
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a weekday evening. I was put off at first by the shabby exterior, tiny tube tv circa 1995, and lack of wifi or any other amenities. On the plus side, the room was clean and had a decent sized refrigerator and freezer...plus of course the Chula Vista passes. However, the other place we are staying is the same price with wayyyy more amenities. Not thinking I would stay here again although an thankful we managed to find a room last minute spring break week!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Ally P
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The person at the front desk was very rude. Booked the room online and reserved a smoking room. When we showed up, we were informed they don't have smoking rooms. We questioned why their website offered smoking rooms with no good response except "everyone knows there's no smoking." Obviously EVERYONE does not! Go right next store to the Top Hat Motel. They have the same amenities for half the price. And they're friendly!

Stayed: September 2012