“Great Place to Camp to be near the Dells”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Sherwood Forest Camping & RV Park
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Just got back from a 2-night stay at Sherwood Forest. This is a very typical Dells campground. It is busy and close to attractions. We knew this when we stayed so we were not surprised and we think it's fun to camp this way in the Dells. The campground is within walking distance to many areas of the Dells so it is in the perfect location. It is quieter than you would expect though, which was nice. The pool is great and has lots of places for families to sit and relax. It also has an awesome splash pad that both of my boys (6&9) really enjoyed. The camp store has a good variety and the game room had a lot to do. We stayed in one of the camping cabins which was nice and had air conditioning. I thought many of the sites looked pretty secluded but there were some areas where the RV's were very close together. Some people like that though so I think it's mostly preference. They also had movies outdoors each night we were there, a jumping pillow, pedal carts, etc. There is a fee for the pedal carts and jumping pillow though so be aware of that before you go. I used the showers at the far end of the campground and they were better than I expected. There are plenty of them too so I did not have to wait. There are 2 playgrounds in the campground which are dated but nice. We were able to walk directly through the campground to Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf which was a bonus.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a secluded campsite stay near the north or east end of the campground.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill A

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

First time visiting this campground. Was pleasantly surprised with the amount of shaded areas considering it was right in the Dells/city. We had #17. Great location in regards to distance from pool and bathrooms/showers. Disappointed because there was an issue with the showers/hot water heater so the showers on the lower loop were out of service Friday night through Sunday when we left. While at the pool I had needed to use the bathroom, I went to the office because I didn't see one in the pool area and was told that the main one was getting cleaned so the only other one was a port a potty down by the pavilion. I feel that for having and advertising "150 campsites" you should have more then 2 bathroom options in the lower area, especially by the pool.
We will revisit this campground because of the pool/splash pad area, our young daughter enjoyed it, the sites were good size and close to downtown.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Pitlover1069
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Or sardines in a can? The roads and the sites are the most narrow we have seen to date. The campground was trashy, laundromat didn't look like it had been cleaned in months. Children driving golf carts all over the place. On a positive note, they did have some fun water activities for the children.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2016

You stay here because you have kids and they need stuff to do or you want to be very close to downtown and several Dells attractions.

You don't stay here because you want a scenic camping experience and great facilities.

Sites are all very average for a campground, varying great for level pads. Splash pad and pool area are great, nicely done and clean. Jumping pad is great and the kids really love that, pedal cars are a hit too. You have to pay $15/kid for the entire stay for "VIP" access to all the play areas minus the playground. I guess this is ok since we stayed for 6 nights but I wouldn't like this for 1-2 nights. Staff were all very nice and the maintenance were always zipping around fixing stuff and picking up trash bags.

Campground as a whole could be a little cleaner (mowing, trash in fire pits) but it was definitely ok. Stay on the "lower section if you have kids, the upper section is really far away and up a short very steep hill. WiFi is a joke, we stayed on AT&T 4G for most of the trip which had an ok connection. Our site and we noticed several other sites would be difficult for camper hook ups (ex. water/elec on opposite side from sewer).

All that said kids had a great time and we would stay again in our RV.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ajgould124
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We've been camping across Canada and the US for 5 weeks and this is by far the worst campsite we've stayed at. After reading some of the recent reviews, I almost thought I must have been mistaken about where I stayed? There were no upgraded washrooms to my knowledge. The showers had mold and mildew on the grout and ceilings. There were fly eggs in the light fittings and the toilet seats were all stained. The washrooms have not been upgraded for a long time. The garbage dumpsters were overflowing and there is half a car next to one of them. We also suffered through a night of noisy campers who sat up from 11pm -3am. If you have an RV and can use your own bathrooms it would be ok. The sites are a good size and some are very private. As it was the most expensive site of our entire trip I did not think this campground was value for money by any stretch of the imagination. The wifi didn't work either!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family