Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$132
GardenInn.com
US$123
Hampton.com
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$107
SpringHill Suites
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$74
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$89
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$57
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
US$275
US$175
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$101
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Ambers Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$84
All reviewsbedroom deluxemurphy bedfull kitchenlost worldwave poolwater parkmini golflaser tagwyndham timeshareindoor waterindoor parkslazy riverbumper boatsklondike kavernzip linewild waterdomeshuttle service
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

First let me say this was not a stay with family and I didn’t visit the water park. I’m simply rating the room and facilities. The room, dark, even with all the lights on it was not well lit. The carpet between the wall and couch had a dust covering. The carpet along the wall was torn, the couch arm rest looks like it was chewed by a dog. The worst part, off season the room was still over $200 a night.

The fitness room I think was actually a room they just put a couple pieces of equipment in, tight space, extremely warm with just 3 people in there. The equipment was so,so.

My next visit to the Dells, with or without family won’t be here. Plenty of other places to choose from in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank LaMont B
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We were given a room that later we found out, from hotel staff, had issues previously with knocking pipes in the walls. The noise was so loud we could not sleep. Management eventually moved rooms for us at 3 a.m., however still wanted us to pay 50% for the night we didn't sleep. Management response to the issue was slow and inadequate. I will never stay there again, and would advise all others against it.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank Juliane21
Reviewed 10 March 2018

My family and I just got back from 4 nights at Wyndham Glacier Canyon. This was roughly our 15th trip here in the last 6-7 years. We always have a good time but I will fill you in on some of goods and bads about Glacier Canyon/Wilderness resort.

First off, this is a HUGE property on its own, but when added to the wilderness its really really big. Take note on other reviews about the walking part. You will need to walk alot if you want to do anything. This doesn't bother us as we font mind walking but you will need to figure this time into your day. Yes there are shuttles but they come at such random times that it is hard to plan on them. We have been there when the resort is so dead that you have to call a shuttle. Most times you are told they run 15-20 minutes around the clock however we have waited more than 20 minutes numerous times and decided to just walk. If you do catch a shuttle though, the drivers are typically older men and are pretty friendly and fun. Of course you can always drive yourself but you risk losing your parking spot and not having one near your room when you return. But if you don't mind walking, its not all bad. On the fifteen minute walk from our room near the lobby to the wave pool, we saw many "interesting people". If you like to people watch, this is kind of fun! In summer I highly recommend you walk outside. Its faster and it really is very beautiful around there. The grounds are kept up nicely.

Next I will talk about the waterparks since this is really what Wisconsin Dells is all about, even in Winter. Briefly, since I have been here in summer many times, I will say I really love the outdoor water park behind Glacier Canyon. Its not super big but has a awesome 2 level lazy river and some typically warm pools. But in winter, you will spend your time at the wild waterdome (wavepool) or the waterpark right next to it. There is also a 3rd indoor park on the other side of the wilderness that has more small kid friendly rides. I would say the main attraction is the wavepool. Its really big for an indoor wavepool and totally blows away the so called wavepool at Kalahari. The one downside is that the water is usually on the cool side. Its take a while to get in and the smaller kids are usually ready to come out after 10 minutes because they are frozen. However, if you can get there when the sun is out, its a completely different experience. The whole building will be warmer, the water will be warmer and you will have a TON more fun. Just remember the sunscreen. The waterpark next to has a lazy river, a handful of slides and a hot tub. The slides are fun. The hurricane is intense and the tube and surfboard slide are fun. The hot tub is usually packed, and anytime near spring break will be the typical crowd of rowdy kids. It seems adequately clean but I always seem to see the random bandage or sometime else gross on the hot tub deck when I am in there. And I usually see the same bandage there the next day. The last indoor park is on the other side of the wilderness. They have a bigger play area for kids, smaller slides for kids, bumper boats and another decent hot tub. I find this to be the colder of the 2 indoor parks. I may just be a wimp but I am always cold here. On a whole, I like the water parks. Other than a few complaints, we always seem to have fun swimming here. Oh I almost forgot the small waterpark at the lake. Its nice and much warmer but I don't tell many people about it as its usually pretty quiet there and I like to keep it that way!

We are not big restaurant people so if we can get a decent burger we are happy. Survivors and the Thirsty Buffalo both fit the bill. Its pricey though. We just get sandwiches and 3 kids meals and with sodas and our bills are around $70 a meal. We do the buffet at Wild Canyon Cafe on occasion (not this trip) and its fine. I will say the pizza at Klondike Pizza is pretty good. Just don't buy by the slice. My son was the only one hungry at one point so I ordered him 1 slice. It was $5.50 and small. We ordered a whole Pizza for $21 the next day and you get a nice size pizza. It would be double that by the slice and the slices aren't as big. There is a candy shop, an ice cream shot and a yogurt place. All have good stuff but be prepared to pay resort prices at each. 4 ice creams or yogurts will set you back $30 easily. Of course if you don't mind leaving the resort, there are countless places to eat within 5 minutes.

Other attractions include the 4 arcades, go carts, mini golf, jungle gym, laser tag, VR room, ropes course etc. We have done it all numerous times. The go karts are fun. About as fast as any other indoor karts. The arcades are fun as well, but be careful you could go bankrupt with a few kids like I have. The "card" needs another $20 on it about every 10 minutes your there. Mini golf is your typical 3D blacklight mini golf. The ropes course is fun and worth the $9. Laser tag is also fun if you have enough people to play. The jungle gym by the big arcade is great. They replaced the old one last year with a totally different idea and my kids love it. They have cool slides and tons of climbing. Its much quieter than the old one with the foam balls an air cannons. That one was horribly loud. My kids (8,5,3) run around there for a good hour at a time. My 2 smaller kids did the pottery painting for the first time this trip and it was ok. 2 small pieces (a dog and game controller) were $55. They enjoyed painting them and they look neat when they get done glazing.

Lastly the room itself. We have stayed in everything from a 1 bed deluxe to a 4 bed presidential. Checking in for me is always a breeze. Be aware that you might not get your room until 4pm. I have gotten one as early as 1pm but always plan for 4pm as that often happens as well. Its funny though, we were once told our room wasn't ready. We had a pet fish with us (don't ask), and asked the front desk if we could leave the fishbowl with them until our room was ready and they miraculously had a room ready that second. I firmly believe they have them ready much earlier than they claim to but there isn't much you can do about it. Other than having to pick up your "parking pass" and deny the timeshare presentation a few times, check in is usually smooth. On that note, the parking passes are silly. Nobody drives around checking for parking passes. Security couldn't care less if you have a parking pass. Our rooms are typically pretty clean. Last time we came, there were some things that were not clean. We always fine something, a hair on the toilet seat, sticky faucet handles, strange stains, crumbs on the floor, but for the most part, they are pretty clean. Our room for this trip had a bad smell, like sewage type smell. We had to open our paito door a few times to air it out but we didnt feel like complaining as I am not sure they would have figured it out before we left. Other than that, these rooms are nice. If you have a family, the kitchens and laundry are amazing. The bubble tub is always welcome for the kids. One negative is the tv channels. When we started coming here years ago they didnt have kid channels. Now they have 1 Disney and 1 Nick channel but I am not even sure what they are because there is never anything on at night for the kids to watch. We always bring DVDs. The last thing that sucks about GC is check out time. If you are used to 11am and then maybe asking for a late checkout and getting noon, forget about it here. Its 10am and they don't budge. I always used to ask and 1 time got a 10:30 but haven't asked in a while. Its pointless.

Overall, its an impressive resort. There is a lot to do here. You will need to walk and spend a bunch of money but that's pretty much anywhere. We always have a complaint or 2 per trip but we really have many more fun times than bad.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank billfaith
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I spent three days at Wyndham’s Glacier Canyon on a quick winter getaway. It is just over two hours from our home in SE MN, so it makes for a speedy drive to all the fun.

I hadn’t stayed there in several years, so it was nice to come back. The Glacier Canyon is part if the larger Wilderness Resort. It is a Wyndham timeshare property, but also has resort-owned rooms. It’s far from the many of the indoor water parks on property but has its own outdoor park for the warmer months. Everything is skyway connected. (Note: you’re gonna do a lot of walking...but there are shuttles available)

The lobby and check-in are were neat and clean. There were plenty of luggage carts available, and check in was efficient. We did, however, check in at an off-peak time of day. We had to wait a bit for our room to be ready, but we got a coffee from the lobby coffee shop, and the kids played in the arcade and ran around the spacious lobby. We were ultimately able to check in early!

Our room was a three bedroom with plenty of room for all seven of us. The kitchen was plenty big, and came stocked with a good assortment of utensils. The showers and Jacuzzi tub were clean and hot. The living room had a gas fireplace. (It was on a timer and turned off after an hour). The in-room washer and dryer worked just fine, as did the stove and dishwasher.

The only weird thing about the room was the lights in the bedrooms. They turned on & off with a wall switch, as well as a turn knob on the lamp. After using the lamp knob to turn out the lights one night, the wall switch stopped working. We tried a different assortment of wall-knob combinations, but nothing worked. The wall switches never worked again. -not a huge deal...just odd- My only real complaint was the level of noise on the floor above us. We had to call the from desk work a noise complaint twice (after 9:30pm) For a top-notch resort such as this, that caters to family and kids, I’m surprised there isn’t more sound insulation. Next time I’ll ask for a room on the top floor.

The rooms were definitely at Wyndham-caliber level. But The Glacier Canyon’s been around awhile, and starting to show its age. Nothing in the room lobby was broken or gross...it was just worn.

The same goes for the rest of The Wilderness. What was once the newest thing, is now just ordinary. The Wilderness is not in danger of becoming “old” but it needs to keep up. One example of this is the resort shuttles. Hotel staff say they “come by every 15 to 20 min.” It’s great that they have shuttles on this vast property (It’s BIG. think: more “theme park” than “ hotel/resort.) but some sort of bus tracker, to let you know where your bus en route to your stop, would be a welcomed addition. It would alleviate the “did we miss it!?” anxiety.

You’re also still given a swipe card for your room key and a separate wrist band for the water park. Many theme/water parks of this caliber have upgraded to all-in-one wrist bands. Again; not a huge deal, but starting to become dated.

Lastly, I continue to be disappointed that the Wilderness is so tone-deaf on food allergies. There just isn’t much offered here for gluten free dining. (There are some places to eat, just not as much as you’d think for a resort this size).

We are a Celiac family, so having dining options is a HUGE determining factor when planning our vacation. Wyndham take note: There are other resorts in The Dells that do better with food allergies. The main thing keeping us at Glacier Canyon is our membership. The Wilderness needs to improve in this area.

To be fair, we did find a few places to eat on property when asked the Wyndham front desk staff, they just didn’t seem prepared, and had to search for an answer. They did, ultimately find us some places to eat. They just were not very confidence-inspiring in their search.

I’ve always liked Wyndham’s level of service and quality, and Glacier Canyon is no exception. We’ll keep coming back because it’s so close, and we’re treated so well. But, It may be due for an update in the coming years.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We like the units at Glacier Canyon because they are clean and well-stocked. We can access the water parks of The Wilderness without going outside on inclement weather. From Memorial Day through Labor Day there are twice as many parks because of outdoor pool areas. There are many employees monitoring what is going on so we always felt safe.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family