“Great food ”

Branding Iron Supper Club
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Full service bar and cozy dining room, with an outdoor patio!
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

The food was really good. We got the steak and lobster. The only problem was it took almost an hour for it to come out after ordering. It was Friday at 5pm. Not real busy, but the food was worth the wait.

80Jeff, Owner at Branding Iron Supper Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Hi Chad we are sorry for the long wait. Hope you join us again soon! Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Called for a reservation as per their website. Lady that answered told me it would be just a minute and apparently set the phone down of the kitchen counter. I listened to the clanking of dishes and kitchen workers asking about lobster for about 15 minutes before I decided to hang up. Tried calling back for the next 1/2 hour and got neither a busy signal or a voicemail. Decided to just make the 40 minute drive and wing it. When checking in with the hostess I politely related my 'story' and suggested she look to see if the phone was still off the hook. She seemed less than interested in what I had to say and proceeded to tell me that they don't even take reservations. Huh? Anyway, added our name to the list and was told it would be 1/2 hour wait. So we waited, and waited, and waited....people who arrived after us were being seated, but yet we waited. Meanwhile, a group of four got up from the bar and were proceeding to leave when one of the bartenders said (loud enough for everyone to hear), "hey, are you leaving? I just made your drinks." and then something about how rude it was of them, blah, blah, blah. Then, while others were waiting at the bar to pay their dinner bill, the bartender proceeded to tell other patrons about all the lousy people she has had to deal with. Whatever! Finally the very unfriendly hostess that I had given our name to originally came to our bar-table to bring us menus, saying, "She'll be right out to take your order." Mind you, our 1/2 wait was now at 45 minutes, and the 'right out' was another 15 minutes. Gave our order and was told to be seated at table #5 in the dining room. Made our way to the dining room entrance only to be 'greeted' by the hostess who told us we would have to wait because the people seated at #5 hadn't yet left! What in the world?!? Total lack of communication! After about a 5 minute wait we were told to go to table #2, which we did. There were 3 in our group and only 2 place settings. The bus-girl brought a table mat and silverware, but neglected to leave a 3rd water. My confidence in this place was so broken that it didn't matter how good the food might or might not be.
We had the salad bar and an appetizer. Then came soup and tomato juice, but never the basket of bread that is promised in the menu and that we saw was given to other patrons. The offer to order drinks never came until we finally flagged down our waitress to ask for the 3rd water. Food was fine; nothing that completely wowed us, especially given the prices which were incredibly high compared to other supper clubs in the area. One appetizer and 3 meals (no drinks) and our total was over $100. (I opted for steamed broccoli instead of potato and got 3 small pieces)
Perhaps my rating would have been higher if the whole experience hadn't started out so poorly, or if there was some sort of apology along the way. Seemed to me that the front of the house was good to their regulars and that anyone else was just a bother.

4  Thank billkat1
Reviewed 2 February 2017

If you are looking for a wonderful supper club experience, this is your place. The food and atmosphere are top notch! Don't come here if you are looking for the "cheap, fast" place to eat!! This is a supper club to savor, and enjoy!

1  Thank Kim G
80Jeff, Owner at Branding Iron Supper Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you taking the time to write a review. We strive for satisfaction and appreciate you acknowledging our hard work! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

My wife and I arrived Saturday night and waited for a table (which was expected since we had no reservations and it was 7pm). We had a drink at the bar and were greeted by a very nice bartender who delivered the drinks quick. Our waitress came out approx. 15 minutes later and took our order and stated once a table was given she would put our order in. We got a table a few minutes later and entered a smaller dining area. Cozy and comfortable. Our waitress was superb and my wife ordered the chicken sandwich and salad bar and I had the two pork chops with salad bar. Salad bar is ok, nothing fancy, but only 2 people can use at a time due to space. Food was tasty but standard fare (lettuce, beets, cottage cheese, etc.). My wife stated her meal was just average with not much taste. My pork chops were fairly tasteless with no seasonings at all. They were tender but I had to add salt, which I never do on a meal). Prices are high compared to the quality of food, but it was worth a try. The people watching is most colorful as someone had a golf tournament and there were older patrons in bigger parties feeling no pain.

1  Thank joseph c

PWe appreciate your review. We are sorry you felt the pork chops were not seasoned, as we do not season as with many guests with health risks it is essential for us to accommodate this by only seasoning as requested by our guests.As for our salad bar we have great reviews, as we know it's small but has everything our guests enjoy. We truly hope you will join us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Prime rib was the best, very tender and full of flavor. Scallops and shrimp were great also. And the different salads on salad were were all very good also. Waitress was very polite and attentive. Very good place to eat.