All reviews sunlight basin dominick family fly fishing trap shooting evening activities line dancing kids program skeet shooting adult week dead indian other guests family style horseback riding fishing guide golden horseshoe outstanding vacation spectacular scenery
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first trip to dude ranch.We didn’t know what to expect and were blown away by this beautiful place. The setting was stunning - lush green valleys framed by rim rock set beneath snow-capped peaks. The staff made us feel like family and ensured that every detail was attended to. All the while the rustic charm captured the true feel of the old west. Thanks for an amazing visit which surely won’t be our last!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kraig L
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was our third trip to 7D, and our first during a family week. The staff here is excellent, the setting bucolic, and the entire experience is always my most relaxing week of the year. Since this was my first time observing the kids' program, I will comment most about that. Kids of all ages are extremely well cared for. The daily programming is age-appropriate and exciting. The Kid Wranglers are enthusiastic, caring and just plain fun. Parents are afforded the opportunity to ride on a daily basis with or without their kids. Kids have a fantastic time.

And adults do too. I am especially appreciative of the care the staff takes to make sure each guest is able to engage in rides and other activities tailored to their specific abilities and needs. We were asked every day what we would like to do, and if that activity was not already planned, a staff member was recruited in short order to make it available.

Truly an excellent experience. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Accommodations are all in private cabins sized to accommodate your party
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ljbechtel1957
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This was my 4th or 5th visit over 27 years. Although the actual family member managing the ranch has changed, not much else has. This is the good news since one of the main attractions at the 7D is that it is small, low key and family run.

Room Tip: all cabin are very nice and the selection is based on how many you are in your party.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank jessefish2017
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Relaxing, quiet, remote, gorgeous scenery, comfortable cabins, great food, great horses... really, it doesn't get much better than the 7D Ranch. This is a smaller ranch in a remote location that is about half way between Cody, WY and the NE gate into Yellowstone National Park. If riding the beautiful trails and landscapes on horses is not enough for you, there is fly fishing, skeet shooting, hiking, biking, and photography. Unplug and just enjoy living!

I have visited the 7D twice, the first time in 2014 and second in 2017. One of the attracting features is that they offer "adult only" weeks near the end of their guest season, after most schools have begun session.

It's gorgeous. There is wildlife. They bring in interesting people and music to give lectures or entertain guests in the evening. While I was there in 2017, a few enthusiastic folks from Draper Natural History Museum brought up 3 raptors to teach us about and let us see up close and personal. This is probably my favorite of the night time activities from this visit!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nan C
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I'm inclined to say that the fact that I have traveled to 7D for now seven years should be sufficient proof that it's a great place. This year, I was there the last week of August and the first week of September, both of which the ranch calls adult weeks.
If you're seeking great scenery, a fabulously accommodating staff, great food, great rustic accommodations, great horses and trail riding and great fly fishing, 7D is your place. It is managed by Andrea and Meade who are also part owners of this family owned ranch. The fact that about 80% of the staff returns every summer should also be an indication that it is a well managed great place to work. I have been going to guest ranches for over twenty years, and 7D is the best in my experience.

Room Tip: All cabins are rustic but clean and accomodating.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo