Mustang Motel
Country Inn
US$109
US$96
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015

This place is great for $30-$40 dollars but $133 for one night was right out robbery! Found another hotel next door for $79 that was 100 times better.

When we left he offered the same room for $79 to try to keep us but we were not impressed!

Room Tip: Use as a last resort only!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

While the lady at the desk was nice, the room was bad, really bad.

The shower closet may have been clean, not sure because it was at least stained really bad.

The worse was that they swore it was a room with 2 Queens, THE BEDS WERE NOT QUEENS, they were doubles. It was late when we got in so I was too tired to tired to switch it, however, I did bring it up when I checked out and she argued with me over the size of them. My home bed is a queen so I'm very familiar with the size and we could barely fit on these. Clearly not Queens. Spend a few bucks extra and go to Howard Johnson just down the street.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I just want to say that the Mustang Motel is a diamond in the rough. As others have stated, the staff is simply the best. I received a call from the front desk shortly after cheking in to make sure I was satisfied with the room. This was a nice touch.

I stayed on a near zero degree night in January and was concerned about the heat issue mentioned in a previous review. The price was right, so I gave them a shot. I'm happy to report that not only did the heat work, the room was quite toasty and I even turned the heat down a little.

I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but this family owned motel is an excellent bang for your buck! I'll gladly give them my business again anytime I'm in Gillette.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank drewrbd
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is one of those instances when you really wish that the hotel owners could get a subsidized small business grant to make a go of it. We reserved a room there as it was locally owned and the reviews said that the owners were really nice. We were only sleeping the night and travelling on, so other amenities like a pool weren't on our list. Unfortunately, it was one of the worst night's sleep we've ever had in a hotel room. The weather had turned cold and nasty getting there, and the parking lot was slippery and tricky. We checked into the room and it was very cold. We turned on the heater, and it was so loud it sounded like someone was running a tractor-trailer inside our room, and it didn't really warm up. We called the room for extra blankets, and it took a while, but they came to our door with a couple of those fleece blankets like you see hanging in parking lots and fairs for sale. We had our lab with us, and we all ended up buried in the bed, shivering all night. We aren't spoiled & used to a warm room,either.
We keep our house at 60 in the cold months, and this was way colder than that. We ended up turning the heater off because it was so loud and wasn't really making much heat anyhow. In the morning, the bathroom was on the windy side of the room, and was well under 50 degrees. That was a chilly shower. I hope they can fix things up more. They were very nice and helpful people, and I'm always routing for the local businesses, but we won't be staying there unless we don't need heat. They did charge a pet fee of $5.00, which isn't much, but it makes the rooms more expensive than motel 6, which would have had heat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

An average motel for a good price. Clean rooms, nice beds, and nice bathrooms. Nice owners that run the place. If you need a place to stay in Gillette, Wyoming then the Mustang Motel is the place to stay and it has an easy to get to location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business