“Yummy and trendy”
Review of Gather

Gather
Reserve with OpenTable
Gather is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 159 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$6 - US$42
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Gather is a Jackson Hole restaurant serving creative American cuisine for dinner and happy hour. Enjoy inventive takes on classics like burgers or steak, or savor unique dishes like our elk Bolognese. Join the locals at our 5 to 6 p.m. happy hour for half-priced drinks and small plates like our famous Brussels sprouts and steamed pork buns. Gather also provides on- and off-site catering throughout Jackson Hole for private events, as well as a Chef's Table culinary experience in our private dining room. Foodies will enjoy our weekly Tuesday Tastings at 12 p.m., which allow the public to taste and rate new dishes with our chef and manager.
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Staff was friendly. Atmosphere was great. Food was phenomenal. The miso soup was probably the best soup I have ever had. I had the fried chicken and it was delightful. My husband had a burger and it was also above expectations. A little pricey bit worth it. The only negative was that our waiter wasn't the most attentive. It took quite a while to get our check and then longer for him to run our card. But our food came out fast. I would definitely reccomend.

Graeme S, Owner at Gather, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for the great review and so glad you loved the food. I will let the manger know how long it took for you to get your credit card and speed it up a little.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We are out for every dinner and Gather did not disappoint. Our server was our best server all week - Margaret, but she let us call her Peggy! Our glasses were always full and she never neglected the table. Reservations recommended. Not one of the guys complained about their meal. Will definitely go here again when in Jackson.

Graeme S, Owner at Gather, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Many thanks for the great review and I will make sure Margaret knows as she is a great waiter.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Everything about our experience at Gather was outstanding.
Food and drinks were delicious. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful.

Great place to start your night for Happy Hour.

Prices are reasonable. Very pleased with our experience.

Thank you Graeme and staff for making our first night in Jackson memorable.

Cheers, Iowa.

Graeme S, Owner at Gather, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

You guys were great and thanks for the positive review. Hope the mountain didn't kill you today.

Nebraska

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Went to dinner here with my wife and daughter. They had elk bolognese. It was outstanding. I had a burger minus the cabbage. It was so salty I had 3 bites and could not go any farther. I mentioned it to the server and she had a manager come over and apologize. I still had to pay for it but he was sorry. Will not be back and won't recommend.

2  Thank Dean C
Graeme S, Owner at Gather, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dean, thanks for the review, good or bad. We had a big talk with our manager that any time a customer doesnt like a dish or too salty to taste they should just discount it. My apologies if they didnt do that for you. Glad to hear the Elk Bolognese was outstanding though.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

My wife and I dined at your restaurant on January 27, 2018. We had a terrible experience.

The woman at the reception seated us. It was 5:00 and we were the only persons in the restaurant. She placed us at a small table for two which was too small. We asked before we took our seats if we could have a larger table, and she refused to sit us at a table for four. When we left around 6:00, the restaurant was mostly empty.

We were told it was Happy Hour. Once we were seated, we asked what drinks were available during Happy Hour. We were then told that Happy Hour only applied if we were sitting at the bar.

Terrible experience.

We will never return.

Graeme S, Owner at Gather, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

George, we received your email, Yelp and now Trip Advisor reviews. I am really sorry your experience wasn't the best as we always aim to please but we do have certain protocols we have to follow. I will explain them to you in hopes they make a little more sense to you and maybe you could be more understanding of the reasons.

We have two tops for just that, two people and hold four tops for 3 or 4. I cant speak of the time that you left but we hold reservations for those tables and a lot of times when we do, we are holding larger tables for larger parties or the restaurant doesn't run so efficient. Because the restaurant isnt full at the time you left doesn't always mean that it isn't about to be full and those 4 tops have to go to four tops. As for happy hour, that is only at the bar because the main dining is for reservations only and happy hour tend to linger longer without eating and blocks the tables for diners. These are all standard protocols for restaurants and I am sorry they are so offensive to you. Did you talk to a manager when your in house about this so he could try and remedy this when your in house?