“Great date place”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st
Description: Located inside a historic and beautifully restored 100 year old brick building, Cowfish offers a fun and lively atmosphere paired with excellent food and knowledgeable service. Our menu features hand cut steaks, local grass fed burgers, fresh fish and our innovative pastas and salads. All our beers are brewed on site by the Lander Brewing Co. Its popular lineup of refreshing, made from scratch microbrews includes beers that have won awards at the Great American Beer festival, the World Beer Cup and other competitions. Enjoy a romantic dinner in our candlelit dining room or a more casual dining experience in our pub. In the summer, we offer the added attraction of dining on our outdoor patio under a trellis of wild Cascade hops.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Food is great. A good wine selection and craft beer selection. If you go in March, they have the "march madness" sale which is buy one get one dinner entree'. We went and I ordered the whole bottle of Malbec and thankfully only drank 1/2 of the bottle. They let me take the rest of the bottle home.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We are in Lander 2-3 times a year and always look forward to a meal at the Cowfish. This trip we hosted a family celebration for 9 people. Everyone was happy with their dinner and we were happy with the fair prices. Excellent creative offerings, professional waitstaff, charming clever decor, and good quality ingredients. Don't miss this spot if you're in Lander.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We went there for lunch because of their interesting menu we saw on-line. Oops, we were looking at the wrong menu ... we think. First, there were only 2 you could call 'cow' options on the 'breakfast'brunch' menu. There were as many chicken options on the 'cow' / 'fish' menu as the implied food choices ... including NO burgers! Ummmm? All of us (4) were disappointed in the menu, but decided to stay anyway. Two ordered salads, one chicken and the other the 'iceberg'. Both were satisfied. Another ordered a breakfast w/ an egg scramble and toast and potatoes. The eggs were 'OK', not very flavorful. The best part were the potatoes. I had the crispy chicken sandwich that came w/ fries. The sandwich was the worse I've ever had (even Wendy's spicy chicken is much better in both flavor and quality and price). The fries were tepid at best and not properly cooked. Yes, I did (likely) have the worse of the experiences.
And last, The service was marginal, but not because of our wait person, but because she was THE ONLY person. Incredible! This place has room for great possibilities and improvement. Do the have the where with all and management to make it happen?
By the way, those of us who ordered beer thought they were tasty and enjoyable.

1  Thank rdmboco
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Very busy little restaurant on the evening I was there. The food was exceptional and I believe all in our group enjoyed their meals. Close to my hotel so I was able to walk to and from easily.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Right in the middle of town, Cowfish offers a very nice cuisine and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this for a nice night out I Lander.

Been to Cowfish? Share your experiences!