“Biggest con Evers”

Trails End Motel Sheridan
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Sheridan
Reviewed 18 August 2016

This was probably t
The worst place I have stayed in in the the USA. The swimming pool was empty and full of stacked chairs, the restaurant was closed and so was the bar and the rooms were disgusting. The outside was awful like a refuse tip. Definitely don't , I mean don't stay here. Disgrace. Taking the mickey big stile.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here ... Awful..
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank schmacher
TrailsEndMotel, General Manager at Trails End Motel Sheridan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

I have read your review of your stay with us, and I must say, being the new GM at Trails End Motel, I take every review very seriously. It is my job to create a wonderful experience for each and every customer who chooses to stay with us. We are in a transitional period, and our staff is working very hard each and every day. I am proud to know my staff, and to know the genuine attention each one gives to our customers. My apologies for the pool being down, and our Restaurant and Bar are open Thursday-Saturday 4pm-close at this time. We have gotten many great reviews on our food and service. Our rooms are cleaned by very experienced housekeepers, and so I'm uncertain on disgusting comment. As I said before, New Management is working very, very hard to make the Trails End Motel the best it can be. I would be happy to speak with you, and so you can hear my genuine interest, and my passion to make the Trails End Motel great! Thank you.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I saw the description and pictures on hotels.com and thought the hotel would be charming. I was looking forward to a swim in the " biggest pool in the area". After I checked in I walked to the building wth the enclosed pool and there was no water in the pool and it was full of stacks of plastic chairs. The woman at the desk offered to help me find another hotel but after a 600 mile drive I was too tired to move. The staff was very nice but the place was a dump.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Starting at the front desk, the lady didn't really provide any info. Not on what the hotel offers, when and where breakfast is, checkout time, etc. At the other places we were at during this trip, we got this kind of information at check-in.
When specifically asking what's there to do in town, the answer is that there is nothing to do. Odd.

We had a room with a king-size bed. The room was big, and had a door that stuck. Almost had to use violence to get it open or closed. The bathroom looked ok, until you look closely. The silicone is coming off and the tile grout between the tiles is disappearing.
The window, offered no real looks, as it hadn't been cleaned in ... a very long time.

On the positive side, we had even a fridge and microwave in our room, as well as an iron and ironing board. All of which surprised me :-)

There are a few buildings, our room was in the last one. Right next to a railroad. The windows / walls are not very soundproof. So you hear the trains very well, for some reason they also like to honk a lot in the evening.

When you drive onto the property you see a building with the word "pool" on it. When looking through the windows, the pool was empty and in need of renovation. The paint was falling off everywhere in the pool. Looked like the area was used for storage purpose now. A shame, if you have a pool... Use it.

In short, for the 50 bucks and the comfy bed you get... I'd stay again, but it wouldn't hurt for them to check up on some things.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This motel got a good rating on Expedia, so we booked it on our trip across US. It was dirty, the blinds were broken so we had to put the bedspread up over the window, no towel bars (all broken), coffee packets were the wrong kind for the coffee maker, the lights didn't work, and it wreaked of cigarette smoke and mold/mildew.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline C
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I wanted to share with you my terrible experience. At midnight the front desk clerk called my room, because she could not find the credit card receipt that I signed at check in from earlier that afternoon. She then asked me to search around in the middle of the night for the receipt. I am appalled by her actions, and disappointed that is how the guests are treated, that was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The pool was closed and so was the restaurant. Pictures on website are a good set up. The rooms are dirty, and smelly. Nasty place with terrible service! don't go!

Room Tip: Don't get one at all. Dirty and nasty
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple