“Eggs Benedict are Great”
Review of The Coffee Shack

The Coffee Shack
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Captain Cook
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 14 February 2018

This is a super place for breakfast or lunch. I am partial to the Eggs Benedict. They are not smothered in the sauce which I really like. So you get the taste of the entire dish. The views here are fantastic. Wear a light coat or sweater as it can be a bit cool as though
you are inside (sort of) breeze is normally going through. Lunch food looks great everything they serve on bread is yummy. This is a must place to eat on the Kona Coast.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed 13 February 2018

One of the first three couples through the door for breakfast. Orders came out quickly, portions very large and all were yummy! Excellent place to have breakfast and filled up fast. Definitely a must visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We have been here three times bringing our visitors. The views of Kealakekua Bay are beautiful ( for the best view sit next to the window in the room down the walkway. They put out jelly to attract the geckos so be prepared for additional guests).

The food has always been ok nothing to rave about. However the last time we were there we tried the lilikoi (passion fruit) cheesecake. I am not a cheesecake fan but the lilikoi flavor in this cheesecake was wonderful. The crust was also yummy. I would stop just for the cheesecake!

I see that it is for sale so not sure if ownership changes what will happen to the lilikoi cheesecake.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We've eaten here several times -- or more accurately gotten food to go. The sandwiches are large (you can easily share one) and tasty and the staff is helpful. There is a great view off the back of the restaurant. There is more parking to the left of the building and down the hill. There's been a wait every time we've been there, so don't be surprised.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Not a great day for the view, so that is not factored into the review

Server was nice. Allows breakfast a little after 12 if you get waitlisted before noon.
Made suggestions on my sandwich.

Corned beef on sourdough. Over 3 inches thick. Came with 2 pickle spears and potato chips. $12
Fire rock pale ale. Good meat but I think I missed the rye too much. Sourdough was OK.

Wife had papaya and liked it.

So for the price and the view (I know what I said) 4 stars.