Halemalu(Captain Cook)
Book now, pay at stay
US$129
Belle Vue Kona B&B(Captain Cook)
US$145
Manago Hotel(Captain Cook)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$72
TripAdvisor
South Kona Hideaway(Captain Cook)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe crow's nestother guestsprivate balconybeach chairsbudget roomfruithost and hostesscoffee plantationgreat suggestionstop floorwalk in closeteach morningwonderful hostsstayed nightscaptain cook areahome away from homekurt
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for only a short while but we had the crows nest, and this is a fabulous room on top floor of house with brilliant views of the bay below, you really did feel you were on the edge of the world, breakfast was included and could not fault , room well equipped with private balcony the drive down to the house was a little precarious but once used to it was fun , very nice stay thank you

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stewart Stewie H
Reviewed 21 May 2017

The lodge is really looking traditional with everything clean and service in good flow and a beautiful ocean view.
But the problem is they say that there is a good sunset there but the sunset is hidden by a group of trees which makes it impossible to see the sunset.
the breakfast's quality and quantity was not so good.better to take breakfast with us.
And the wifi is slow there and not up to the quality and TVs are not there in the rooms and for the room in which we stayed they gave us a separate bathroom away from the room.
Otherwise the hotel is good.

Room Tip: Get the blue carpet room which is the best
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kshithij S
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I stayed in the Crow's Nest in Oct of 2016. It was hands down one of the best experiences I have ever had while traveling. Kurt & Kana truly made it a home away from home for me. I was a female, traveling alone & I felt safe there on the island the whole time. The fruit (OMG the FRUIT) grown there at The Edge was served each morning with breakfast & the coffee (OMG the COFFEE) was out of this world. It was great to meet other guests from all over the world & share an amazing meal with them each morning. Kurt had great suggestions as to what to see & places to check out while there on the island. This trip was hands down my favorite vacation ever taken & The Edge was a big part of that. I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Amazing views (the best on the island)
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank emvannattan
kurtinhawaii, Owner at A Beautiful Edge of the World B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Awe shucks ! We never get tired of reading that folks had such a good experience staying with us at the Beautiful Edge of the World. It truly makes us feel very good to know that we contributed in some positive measure to your stay on the Big Island. Thank you, and yes, we're looking forward to hosting you again some day.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

My husband and I stayed in the Crow's Nest and we couldn't have been happier - the accommodations, breakfasts, views, information, fruits and coffee were beyond expectations. We would definitely return. We enjoyed meeting Kurt, Kana, his lovely daughter, Kana's mom and sister while there and made new friends of other guests from around the world. I was able to relax, read, rest and enjoy the scenery and fresh air. Aloha and Mahalo nui.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the spaciousness of the Crow's Nest
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon C
kurtinhawaii, Owner at A Beautiful Edge of the World B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

It's being able to show the aloha spirit to guests like you (for some 15 years now) that makes us enjoy doing what we do so much. Thank you, sincerely, for staying with us !

Reviewed 20 December 2016

The Edge of the World is one of the greatest travel stays of my life. Kurt and Kana are attentive, helpful, kind, interesting, engaging, intelligent, and, and, and! The place has a view and sunsets to die for. The breakfasts are delicious, and served on the deck overlooking the coast. Comfy beds, lots of hot water, stunning views, and seriously underpriced for the quality of the experience. Nearly everything in grown on-site, including the fruits and the coffee. Kurt is a walking library of local attractions and culture, and he will spend as much time as you need; first to get to know you, and then to steer you towards attractions that will provide the perfect fit. Kana is charming, kind, and will make sure that nothing is lacking during your stay. I stayed for three nights, accompanied by my wife and 21-yr-old son. Edge of the World is the perfect spot for you to see the area, try some of the finest snorkeling in Hawaii, see green sea turtles by the score, drink the finest coffee, view beautiful sunsets from the deck, and converse with one of the most fascinating, kind, and caring individuals you'll ever meet.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank David G

Aweeee, thank you for the kind words, and thank you for choosing us when there are so many alternative places to stay. Pleasure getting to know/host you folks ! Mahalo, Kurt and Kana