“Quick seating,however, short staffed :(”

Freddy's Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 255 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Our waitress,very friendly and helpful. Helped and gave gr8 suggestions on meals. She was on the refills of coffee too THO short staffed. The meals was average as any other eatery. Not thing special. Went in for Breakfast on a Sunday which was a very busy day at other places.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Had breakfast here with the family, and I'm a bit disappointed. Food came hot and fast, average taste nothing special and hot cocoa is ok. Roof was leaking when we got there. Styro plate and fork just don't cut it. I'll give it another try next time, since I'm from here anyways.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

I love this place! They have the best steak breakfast in town (or in the state for that matter). Love their rib eye steak breakfast - too bad I can only eat it when I visit my family in Hilo (since I live in Honolulu). Don't know why this place isn't more crowded for breakfast - as it's my place to go to for a great breakfast at a super price!

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

The "loco moco", a dish with a burger and fried egg over rice and under gravy, was supposedly invented at another local eatery, the Cafe 100. The versions at Freddy's in Hilo are all fresh and fabulous. Be warned: the "plate" version includes a double portion of everything and comes with sides, so it is a massive undertaking. "Potato Mac" salad, with both diced potatoes and elbow macaroni, is good too. Service friendly and attentive, and there is a takeout side if you need to hit the beach. Recommended!

Reviewed 20 July 2015

Don's Grill was closed one day, so we went to Freddy's Restaurant. It was after lunch, so there was only one other couple there. Waitress was polite enough. Our food took a long time to get. It was average at best. We decided that we probably won't eat there again. We were in the sit down section. There is also a take out area.