“excellent sushi at an even better price!”

Dragon Kitchen Hilo
Ranked #45 of 259 Restaurants in Hilo
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This is a hole in the wall stand with a few other vendors sharing the area. Tables are provided but it is not an appealing place to dine. That said, this is FABULOUS sushi at such a low price you may wonder how this can be possible. Not many offerings but everything is so fresh and made to order. This is a real bargain hunter’s find. One order of ahi/tuna rolls (8–bite sized not overly large) is only $5. They use brown rice too—-a nice touch. Oddly, they don’t provide pickled ginger but it can be ordered separately for 50 cents.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Small place but you don’t need much. Delicious and made to order. We were well fed when we left. Highly recommended

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Certainly not fancy or fast, but what a fantastic find. Four of us ate fresh, lovingly and beautifully prepared brown rice sushi (which I love and isn't always easy to find) until we were stuffed for about $40.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The Ahi here was incredibly fresh and the best roll I've ever had. The man who I assume must be the owner is obviously an incredibly hard worker. He ran out of rice about a half hour before close when I went to order and I figured I was out of luck. Most people would have just closed, he didn't though, just told me to give him a half hour and he would cook more. So the people kept coming and he kept serving. I think the roll was only like $5 next time I will get two. I have been craving it ever since.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

The sushi is hard to beat, especially at that price. I know good quality and this was certainly it - we could have ordered couple more rolls but we wanted to eat there and it just didn't have a good feel. There was sadly a homeless lady hovering behind us and the tables were sticky with grime, floors were disgusting and it kind of ruined our experience (although I admit, it did not stop us from eating lol) If they can clean it up a bit, I can see this place being a must-stop. Next time, I think we'll do a carry-out and eat it outside (but it was raining on the day we went).

Don't let the location stop you, this is truly a great quality sushi for an affordable price!