“Great little place in a small town”
Review of Rebel Kitchen

Rebel Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Family run restaurant serving ono grinds on the Big Island. Everything is made onsite using fresh and locally sourced ingredients. Open for lunch and dinner, also serve beer & wine which can be enjoyed in our awesome outdoor seating.
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I learned it just had its 6th anniversary. I passed by this place on my way to and from work for all those years, and only made it there in the last month. All I can say is, what took me so long? I went there 3 times in the 3 weeks that I was home visiting recently. The first time I had the Thai Beef Salad, the second time, I had the signature burger, and the 3rd, I had the Cubano rolls (an appetizer). I was happy all three times. I would call it a sandwich, salad and burger place, but they also have entrees, which I did not try. Oh my gosh, I tried kombucha (sp?) for the first time in my life and it was GOOD! It reminded me of ginger beer. The prices here are typical, ($15 or so) but I now wil ALWAYS get the kombucha ($6) and expect to run up my bill. This is a really great place.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

First time at Rebels we had good food but a really "grouchy" waitress. Wanted to try again and hope she was in a good mood, but nope same thing. Not worth paying for expensive food and bad service. If you go don't ask for directions to the restroom. She'll give you terrible directions and you'll end up in the kitchen and then they "all" yell at you. Needless to say we won't be back.

2  Thank Sandy G
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We had a family of 11 people eat an early dinner here and by far the salads were the best. The kids didn't like the burgers, which was surprising--mostly because they didn't serve regular ketchup rather they had this pretty tasty home-brewed version which the adults loved. The staff was friendly and their menu was extensive and interesting. I would highly recommend this place for a quick bite or a proper meal. It might not work for all kids unless they have adventurous taste buds. HOWEVER, I did ask for a special place of the Cajun chicken and fries for one of the kids and that was a hit.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We went to Rebel Kitchen for lunch while in the Kona area. We had blackened ono sandwiches and an order of the garlic fries. I wish they still served breakfast by they stopped that a few years back.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I overheard a couple of people talking about this place. So glad I went! The food was fresh and delicious. I had the cheesesteak and garlic pepperoni fries, along with a golden ale. Wow....what a great combo!!