Our Place Papaikou Bed and Breakfast
Chalet Kilauea(Volcano)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$68
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$175
Volcano House(Hawaii Volcanoes National Park)
US$80
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Honoka'a Club(Honokaa)
US$99
Island Goode's(Papaikou)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2004

My family and I made a visit to the Big Island.

We were going to stay at Our Place B&B (Hilo, Hawaii off of Papapikou) for 3 days. However, we left ASAP (one hour at most) and checked into the Hilo Hawaiian (met our needs).

I have stayed at many bed and breakfast places over the years. This is the only bad one I have stayed at.

It smelled like a box of storage stuff that was put away for a year and then taken out.

The common area was being used as storage and had a bunch of dust everywhere.

The two rooms (the Oriental Suite) I reserved had no windows – only doors (on opposite sides of the room) that were attached to common areas. The rooms were so hot, the doors had to be kept open giving zero privacy. The owner stated just keep them open and it will cool off – after we came back from finding another place the doors were closed…

The private bath that was agreed upon was not private – anyone and everyone had access to it. It had no bath – only a shower stall (for the 73 year old woman I was traveling with).

You had to knock on the door to come in (yes, the front door to this b&b was locked) and the owner was very slow in opening it.

The grand piano they stated everyone can enjoy – was broken.

After the original reservation was made a friend wanted to join my party. She called the B and B and they agreed on an extra bed. When we arrived there was no extra bed and no room for an extra bed. They later denied this even happened.

When the place was booked a deposit was requested - they charged the entire amount of the stay on my credit card.

The website is beautiful and the pictures are deceiving.

Do not stay here!!!!

Earlier in our trip, we stayed at the Cedar House B&B in Kona – it was fantastic. The staff/managers were friendly, out-going, and wanting everyone to have a good time. The direct opposite of Our Place.

These are only my opinions. If you want to make up your mind - go ahead, but, at least go for a face to face visit first.

Thanks!