“Casual tourist-stop in Hanalei”

Kalypso Island Bar and Grill
Ranked #12 of 55 Restaurants in Hanalei
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I had a nice meal at Kalypso this week. We were out for the night, but it's the kind of place you can just as easily head to straight from the beach. They had a nice selection of island cocktails, along with a good beer list. As you would expect, it's a very seafood-heavy menu, and both of the entree's we had were good. Service was very friendly, and even though the place was really crowded our wait wasn't bad (about 15-20 minutes).

Write a ReviewReviews (2,304)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We came for dinner after comparing menus looking for something small, mid priced and tasty. We ordered 2 sides: fried artichoke hearts and 6 piece coconut shrimp with Thai chili sauce. Perfect! Oh, of course I would love a Mai Tai. They make a good one. Check out the glass.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We visited Kalypso 3 times in a week, it is the best "beach" bar in Hanalei. Great food, drinks and atmosphere!! The best thing I can say about Kalypso is I had nothing that I didn't love!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

One of our favorite places to eat in Kauai after a day of exploring or hanging out on the beach! Ivory was our server today and she is wonderful. The fish sandwich is so fresh and delicious. Drinks are great too. Fun vibe. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

While in Kauai we heard about this place from our helicopter tour pilot Matt. It was raining and couldn’t hang at the beach so we drove around and stopped for a late lunch. It was incredible! There were 6 of us and we all loved our food. I had the chicken pesto and my wife had the taro burger. Although she loves eating vegetarian she felt like it was a “mashed potatoes “ burger because it kinda went everywhere. But no one left hungry and we even had desert, which was great too. It’s a fun place and service was great. Definitely go check it out if you wanna have fun times and good food while in Kauai.