“Best Mexican food I've ever had”
Review of El Rey Del Mar

El Rey Del Mar
Ranked #66 of 137 Restaurants in Kapaa
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Description: El Rey Del Mar is a beachside Mexican food truck with picnic style seating. Nachos, Burritos, Tacos, Quesadillas, Fajitas, Salads and more. Come experience El Rey Del Mar!
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best Mexican food I've ever had. Owner is very attentive, beautiful coastal views, and you're very likely to come back the very next day (we did)!

Try the lobster burritos and octopus tacos...they won't disappoint.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This food truck serves up a plethora of mostly seafood based Mexican street food. My wife and I got the King and Queen burrito, respectively, and wow were they delicious. First off, the burrito was the size of my foot which was great because we had just got done walking the Kapa'a Pathway and I was ravenous. Second, the quality of the food was excellent and had tremendous flavor. I had no idea I was going to have the best burrito of my life on a Hawaiian island, but truth is stranger than fiction. If I lived on Kaua'i I get the feeling the truck staff would greet me by name and ask me "The usual?" when they saw me approach. Eat here!!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped by this truck two times when in town and was thrilled with the breakfast burrito. They give you three sauces to mix together for the perfect burrito. Easy parking next to the bike path. About $10 for a good portion size breakfast. Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing!! We had the breakfast burrito. It was delicious, fresh, piping hot, fast, and a very large portion for the price. Cannot wait to come back here and try some lunch/dinner options! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

A 30 minute drive down to Kapaa one day to pick up some bikes at coconut cycles. We cycled the non strenuous 4km north along the coastal bike path. Completely free of cars.. just palm trees laden with coconuts, pineapple plantations and beautiful uninterrupted views of the Pacific ocean. We stopped for lunch at this unassuming blue and yellow Mexican food van, El Rey Del Mar, which had the most incredible burritos with home made salsa (also available to buy).. a very tasty surprise... the owner entertained us by playing with his remote control monster truck too