“Quaint Escape”

Ranked #18 of 136 Restaurants in Kapaa
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As of June 2016 Art Cafe Hemingway follows a new concept: 2restaurants in 1 house. Monday - Friday HEMINGWAY BY MIAH Chef Miah and his young team serve the same brunch items as Jana and Markus. For dinner they present European inspired dishes. Friday - Sunday ART CAFÉ HEMINGWAY operated by Markus and Chef Jana. The restaurant features refined, playful dishes that highlight exceptional local ingredients and seasonality from their own Farm. Enjoy brunch in a relaxed atmosphere with best Italian coffee drinks and amazing brunch items. Or dinner in a romantic environment in one of the oldest houses of the island, with a small but precious selection of old-world wines and house designed cocktails.
Reviewed 31 August 2017

A little bit of Paris in Kapaa! The breakfast / brunch menu is light and unique. The omelettes are not like the traditional all-American loaded omelette. The 'True and First Light" omelet was thin with a delicate addition of cheese and herbs. The tiny tomato slices and mozzarella were served on the side with slices of bread and a generous hunk of butter. The house muesli was wonderful. I'll go back for that alone! The latte was served in a tall glass and exactly how I like it - smooth and sweet. I appreciate that they offer Truvia for sweeter and not the pink or blue packets. The servers were busy but friendly and eager to make things right. The prices are similar to other places, but the atmosphere sets it apart. Delightful!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We go here all the time, are regulars, bring our family and friends all the time and reminder- everything in Hawai'i is overpriced so if your worried about money and want fast food go to a drive through not a cafe or restaurant, then give a bad review.

If you appreciate true good ingredients locally grown then you will enjoy this place.

If you listen to the bad reviews- great (that just means shorter wait times for us regulars) =)

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I came here because of great online reviews, one in particular from a blog I follow. I was really excited to eat here because of that. One thing that stood out is that the service is not that great. Slow. And I'm used to Hawaii slow, but this was slower than that. I asked for our bill many times and they were always 'working on it'. Kind of difficult with a toddler that wants to leave. You would think they would not want a screaming toddler in their restaurant, but whatever.

The food couldn't save this place. It was very mediocre. It is seems to be European inspired, but poorly executed. My husband and I both got eggs, bread, cheese, and ham. It just wasn't that great or special. And I guess perhaps from the reviews I read, I was expecting too much? IDK. The next day, we went to Java Kai and had a much better breakfast.

The decor and mood of this place is nice. But I cannot see myself recommending this place to anyone.

1  Thank Jill O
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We tried to have a lunch, but found out that menu is more orientedbon the breakfast, portions are very small and prices are quit high. If you wish something good and tasty better try something else.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We had a wonderful brunch here. The eggs were so fresh and flavorful on their own, The goat cheese served with the eggs was also local and full of flavor. The best was the shot of espresso with sweetened condensed milk. A must try if visiting