“If you love Asian food, this place is for you!!!!!”

Hamura Saimin Stand
Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This cash only counter service "hole in the wall" is INCREDIBLY GOOD! We saw three generations of family in the kitchen cooking as if they were serving a Sunday family feast. What a fantastic local atmosphere. We met people at the counter from other parts of the country and enjoyed the banter. And the food!!! WOW! If you like Asian noodle soups like ramen then don't miss out on this place. Go for the food and enjoy the vibe or go for the vibe and enjoy the food but JUST GO!

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

We had the wonton Saimon and the shrimp saimon and both were very good. It's a mix between ramen, pho, and Chinese soup. I didn't love the crispy wonton (because I didn't like the beef inside), but I was satisfied with my meal! It was a nice change from the expensive restaurant meals we've been eating in our trip! I love hole in the walls!

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Hanuras is a fabulous place to visit for a local experience. Great saimin and very casual. Prices are inexpensive, and menu is small.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Thisn't a good place for vegetarians. Their broths have meat. I asked for a dish without meat broth and it was pretty bad. I left and went to Garden Island Grill.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

This is by far the best Saimin & Ramen on the island. It can be very crowded and they don't take reservation as it is small family run shack. Recommend you visit off-hours. Get the extra large special Saimin. I've been to this place over a dozen times over the past 10 years.