“Beautiful setting for a meal”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Price range: US$7 - US$47
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We had lunch on the lanai where we had a great view of the ocean and were entertained watching 5 sea turtles and some surfers. My husband had a great fish sandwich. We shared a calamari starter that was very nice. I had ceviche that had a great flavor with all the right spices but could have benefitted from a bit more seafood in it.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We came here for dinner to see the sunset, and the reviews are right, it is spectacular! However, they do not have AC and the doors are open to take in the view. We were SWEATING at dinner.

The food was average, not great. I got filet mignon, not sure what cut it was, but definitely wasn't a filet...Honestly our appetizers were the best part of the food, so in the future I would come for the view and appetizers, then leave. The appetizers were huge too, we were so full after and once the sun went down we decided to get our meals to go and get out of the heat!

In the future I would either just get appetizers OR forget the restaurant all together and just picnic on the beach RIGHT IN FRONT of the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We went here for our 20th anniversary to dine and watch the sunset. This is an excellent place for dining and watching sunsets. There are many seats with a full view. Our server was great and was always there when needed. My appetizer did not arrive til after my meal. My spouse's meal was great, mine... not so much. I'm sure it wasn't bad for others. I just didn't know there was going to be so much of an ingredient. It was too overpowering for my taste (goat cheese). But desert was tasty as well as the appetizer.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent location for sunset. Great for romantic dinner or small groups. On the higher price side but food is excellent! Service is good and staff is friendly.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I had made a 6pm reservation for my husband and I here for a nice dinner on our trip with my family. We got there and were quickly seated with a good view for the sunset. Our waitress was nice to start with but then I asked her what she recommended. She went through several options quickly and I asked a follow up question, which she replied "I literally just told you that wasn't spicy". Since she went so fast, I didn't catch that and didn't appreciate the comment. We ended up listening to others waiters next to us to get an idea of what was good. After that our waitress didn't come back to check to see how things were until we were done with our food. The other waiters and waitresses were offering to go outside to take pictures by the sunset and providing other great service. We wanted dessert so we got the menus but the waitress took about 20 minutes to come back, we almost decided to just forget it. We ended up getting some strawberry pie which was good. Sadly this was the most expensive dinner most disappointing food and service we had on our whole vacation. At least we saw the sunset...

4  Thank Stef G