“A chef that creates delicious and beautiful creations”

Lanai City Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Lanai City Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Lanai City
Price range: US$15 - US$48
Cuisines: Asian, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: The inter island shuttle drops off and picks up at our door every half an hour.
Description: Lana'i City Bar & Grille, located under the roof of the charming Hotel Lana'i, with its innovative cuisine and its comfortable interior is quickly becoming the premier restaurant on the island.
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Jimmy,exec chef, has created apps, entrees and desserts that are outstanding. His experience has shot him to the top of chefs..Watch out Chef Flay! The staff is friendly and competent..Service impeccable. Lanaii City Grille.. Its a 10

Aileen S, Manager at Lanai City Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Aloha Sharon S,
Thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Well worth the visit. The calamari strips are the best we've ever had. Service is attentive and the mixologist on duty is excellent (we ate there 2 nights with different bartenders).

Aloha rklock,
Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Lana'i is such a quiet island, that we were surprised on our last night on the island that there was such a boisterous bar scene at this restaurant. We enjoyed everyone's energy, the staff were exceptional, and the drinks and appetizers were perfect. I will return soon for dinner.

Aileen S, Manager at Lanai City Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Aloha Judy L,
Thank you for your review and we look forward to having you in for dinner.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Kudos to Chef Jimmy! This is a very unassuming place amidst the Hotel Lanai property which is also unassuming. It is quite quaint and immaculate however and the restaurant itself is very nice although was not air conditioned. We were initially hot but we acclimated quickly and it did not distract from our meal. Service was friendly and the beer was cold which is always a great start. We started with a grilled watermelon/heirloom tomato appetizer sprinkled with feta cheese and drizzled with vinaigrette reduction and it was a curious twist on a classic caprese style salad. We were quite surprised at the flavor and quickly inspected it to see what we could duplicate ourselves at home. My lovely wife ordered the chicken scallopini which was a fettuccine noodle based dish and it was excellent with a myriad of well meshed flavors causing me to steal quite a bit of it from her! I had the New York strip with a demi glace with garlic mashed potatoes and it was the best steak I have had in Hawaii. It was perfectly done and just the right size. I was full but my lovely wife bit on the dessert idea and she got the Lana'i Hale Mud pie with chocolate ice cream which was pretty good but the after dinner coffee was outstanding. Chef Jimmy kindly introduced himself and we appropriately praised his work and look forward to a return visit.

Aloha Tracey I,
Thank you for your review.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Tucked in a large, yellow "house" looking building, atop a small hill, front and center in Lana'i City, this City Bar & Grille is a gem!!!! I started sitting at a table outside on the back patio (Beautiful view, lights strung for the evening, very peaceful) but it started quickly raining so I moved inside. My booth was very comfortable and the atmosphere appeared to be more formal, however, the staff made it feel much more friendly and casual, which was just perfect for me!!! I was sitting close to the bar and the very friendly bartender asked me what he could make me to drink. I told him I wanted something sweet and "islandy" and he said he would take care of that!! He sure did. I am not even sure what it was, but it had a peach, sweet and minty flavor!!! A very energetic assistant brought a bowl of warm, roasted chick peas to snack on. YUMSSS. I ordered some grilled shrimp for an appetizer. They were butterflied and grilled perfectly! There was some type of grated veggies with a cole slaw-ish flavored dressing in the center! I am very picky and often do not order the "norm" from the menu. That being said, I ordered the Open Face Stuffed Kobe Burger, without the "housemade pandesal topped with a trio of wild mushrooms". Pretty much ordered an 8 oz kobe beef stuffed with smokey mozzarella and garlic fries!! I can honestly say that was the BEST burger I have ever eaten!!!! That cheese, perfectly encased inside the meet, oozed out upon the first cut! I need to buy some of that cheese....and the meat!!! Well, there are no words for Kobe beef!!! The thin, fresh cut fries were seasoned perfectly with the right amount of garlic, not too much. I ate more than I should have but i couldn't help myself!! It was that good. My server was extremely attentive, friendly and helpful! This place is an absolute MUST when on Lana'i!!! Thank you City Bar & Grille.

Aileen S, Manager at Lanai City Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Aloha karla j
Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.