“Lovely Gardens” 4 of 5 bubbles

Garden of Eden Arboretum & Botanical Garden
Ranked #4 of 32 things to do in Hana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aloha and welcome to Mauis Garden Of Eden Arboretum. An Arboretum is a park dedicated to trees. We also feature hundreds of lowland rainforest species of flowers,shrubs,and ground covers as well.We began this project in1991 with 30 acres of densely overgrown jungle, now after investing more than 20yrs of physical labor and 2 million dollars, we have created one of Hawaii's most visited botanical gardens. We have many plants found nowhere else or are uncommon to Hawaii, such as rare Amazon fruits and medicinal species, endangered hardwoods, spice, exotic nut trees, ferns and so much more...A botanical Disneyland with over 2 miles of maintained graveled walking trails...A truly educational facility with over 700 plants botanically labeled. Try to allow at least 45 minutes to explore.We feature great views and photo opportunities but no direct access to the waterfall or pools.If you are only interested in restrooms (we now have improved facilities) You can do so for free 2 miles down the road.A portion of your entry fee is donated to the nature conservatory. The cost to keep our gate open averages $1,000/dy so we sincerely thank you for your support,,,especially those who have contributed beyond our entry fee. Most botanical gardens have teams of volunteers and use chemicals to curb costs. Our entire staff are well paid professionals, and we are almost entirely a chemical free park. Thank you for visiting, we do take your comments to heart
The Dalles, Oregon
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lovely Gardens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We enjoyed our stroll through the garden. It was interesting to see labels on the plants so we could easily identify what we had been seeing on the island.

1 Thank Diane W

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice, but a little oversold”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

It's a nice property, and good for families. I would not write this but for the $15 price admission. The Keopuka Rock heavily advertised as part of the Jurassic Park movie was about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the overlook. You can capture it with a 200 millimeter lens, but it's not at all up close and personal. The falls were also somewhat distant. Much of the property seemed repetitive to me. I am a photographer and went partially down the Hana Road just to see this "botanical garden". For me, there wasn't much to photograph. It's not a bad place, and the trails are nice for families. Just a bit oversold for me.

1 Thank David F
Pampa, Texas
“Paradise in Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had an amazing time here! Lived on Maui and visited many times to the island and we had never been to the Garden of Eden! We decided to go and it was worth it! So many different types of plants and trees and amazing views of the island! Awesome staff! Cant wait to go back!! ALOHA!

Olathe, Kansas, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Place to Stop and Take Pics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I really enjoyed the the Garden of Eden. I fed the birds, did the walk on the trails, and took hundreds of pictures. One tip, if mosquitoes like to bite you, get the bug spray NOT the citronella wrist band. I did the band and was eaten up by mosquitoes. I had over 15 bites when I left the park. It was insane!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank RachelFNP
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little pricey for what you get.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This place was nice.... Definately has some great views. The gardens were ok... Not much was growing (fruit).. I felt like I could see the same plants elsewhere for free. I think it's nice but probably not worth 15 a person. Probably wouldn't really recommend this place... Unless your bored and looking for something to do.

1 Thank Jlbalbes