Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Still Great

It had been 15 years since my wife and I visited Maui and went scuba diving while there. On that... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
scottishlad108
North Ogden, Utah
via mobile
Intro to diving with patient instructor

I’m an experienced open water diver who did the Intro to diving with a friend. There were four of... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Annteeho
Seattle, Washington
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Maui
from US$99.95
from US$49.95
from US$119.95
from US$2,550.00
1,700 results
All reviews maka koa hot breakfast fish molokini crater red hill these guys turtle town manta rays breakfast and lunch full service great diving experience top notch boat captain rental gear octopus sea life open water
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2021

My son and I recently dove with Maui Dive Shop (2 tank Molokini crater/back wall) and had a fantastic time - professional, safe, John was a fantastic dive master and the crew helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend using Maui Dive Shop, and I will be back on board for another dive (hopefully soon!) as a return customer!

Reviewed 17 March 2021

This was our 10 year old son's introductory shore dive. Our dive master could not have been more awesome and patient with him. He had a hard time equalizing and she stayed within him comfort level.
My husband and I are certified but it has been several years since our last dive and it was great getting back in the swing of things as we have several beach trips scheduled this year and I can't wait to start diving regularly again. She made sure I was comfortable as I also have a hard time equalizing and I'm usually the first in the water on a boat to help with that.
Will definitely dive with them again, hopefully on a boat next time!

Reviewed 7 March 2021

I did the 2 Tank Molokini Backwall Adventure w/Maui Dive Shop yesterday. I have been diving for many years and have been fortunate to dive in many parts of the world with many different shops.
This shop and crew are EXCEPTIONAL. Booking was incredibly simple - and even changing our reservation went without a hitch. We stopped in the dive shop to make a request for this dive and they took care of it right away.
The staff were friendly, professional and welcoming.
Captain Isaiah checked everyone in on time and also noted that my request for 63's were all set and onboard. Celeste then helped me get onto the boat and showed me where everything was. As other divers were coming onboard, we were all offered a hot breakfast burrito, coffee, water, etc.
There were 3 DM (1 who stayed on board to assist) and the boat captain for 10 divers. We were split into 2 groups of 5 - which was a great ratio.
The captain and DM safety and dive briefings were professional and informative. The ride to the crater took about 50 min and given the time of year - we saw lots of whales.
The 1st dive was inside the crater. The visibility was at least 100' in all directions and the dive was one of my favorite on all the islands. LOTS of fish and the most coral we've seen. This shop actually did safety stops and surface intervals. I did mine anyway on dives with other shops - but it has not gone unnoticed that most of the other shops are essentially trying to hurry you through. Not so here!
They served everyone drinks and snacks during the 50 min SIT and then we did the back wall. It was supposed to be a drift dive - but there was very little current. The back wall was awesome - do NOT miss this if you are on Maui. The vis was great and there were so many fish & one white tipped shark. The sounds of the whales was surreal - so loud you think they must be right next to you. As we were getting onto the boat - a whale breached about 30 yards from us. There were some divers in the water (further away) but WOW!
On the way back - we were served a bag lunch with more drinks. There were many more whales and it made for an incredible day.
All 3 DM's helped with gear - they really took care of everything and made everyone feel welcome. I'm on the shy side and my usual dive buddy wasn't able to come on this trip - but each member of this crew spent time talking with me (and everyone). I've rarely been on a trip where there are this many kind and professional staff onboard - and rarely where they genuinely want you to make sure you have a great time.

As if the above weren't enough - the DM's Marc and Mike filled out dive profile cards for each of us. They had attached an additional computer to each of our gear during set up. This was really a great touch!

I cannot say enough good things about this company and this adventure. Mahalo nui loa Marc, Mike, Celeste and Captain Isaiah for a trip I will never forget. You all are truly the best of the best!

If you are on Maui - do not hesitate to do this trip with Maui Dive Shop - you will have a blast!

2  Thank DMR-2011
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Very organized and helpful. Captain, guides and deck hands all worked well together to ensure a smooth trip. Great dive briefing and all around a smooth trip.

Reviewed 2 March 2021

Excellent dive trip. Exactly what I'm looking for. Not too big of a boat, plenty of crew with great attitudes. The food provided was MORE than adequate (I ate more than my fare share and they didn't care in the least). Really chill and knowledgeable crew. I will 100% be diving with them again.

Date of experience: February 2021