“Excellent ambiance and wonderful food”
Review of 5 Palms Restaurant

5 Palms Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
5 Palms Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 187 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kilohana
Description: Overlooking the stunning coastline of Keawakapu Beach, Maui, 5 Palms Restaurant features innovative Maui Coastal Cuisine accompanied by spectacular sunsets over the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. We are proud to offer fresh island fish from Hawaiian waters as well as fruits and vegetables from local Upcountry farms. Complementing our cuisine and setting is a friendly and attentive staff ready to bring the spirit of Aloha to your table.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Best for sunset view in a beautiful setting. Food is superb and the available beach walk before or after completes the day! Great happy hour, nice covered patio dining area as well as indoor dining where they roll the large windows out of your view. Seafood especially good, steaks excellent. I recommend the seared Ahi tuna and local garden salad!

2  Thank Russell O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,930)

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The setting and ambiance make the dining experience. Food and service are not exceptional but are entirely adequate.

Come here for the setting.....

2  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Went to Five Palms for happy hour thinking this would be a good way to try out the food and perhaps make a reservation for dinner in the dining room. I think I'll take a pass. We tried the shrimp tempura sushi roll, the deep fried Brussels sprouts and the calamari. The best dish was the Brussels sprouts, calamari was tender but lacked flavor and the sushi roll was just ok. The prices are half of regular price during happy hour, which frankly is all the dishes were worth, if I would have paid full price I would have been even more disappointed. I think they inflate the regular price just to make it seem like you are getting a deal. The drink prices were decent. The staff was lacklustre and the decor is getting a bit tired and could use some refreshing. If you want a better food, go to Gannon's in Wailea.

2  Thank buswankers
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to try 5 palms from a tour company. Great views and happy hour prices. So we approached the hostess like one would when they enter an establishment. She say. "Happy hour?" So we answer yes and she directs us to the happy hour hostess st the back end of the restaurant. Being our first time we have no clue what that means but we join a long line. No direction from the hostess so we ask another guest in line. "Why are we here". Turns out they have limited seating for happy hour, mostly sit st the bar not facing the views we were promised. I think the hostess should ask the patrons if they have joined them before and maybe show a little courtesy. Explain you can have a lovely table if you want to pay full price

3  Thank Sass E
Reviewed 31 January 2018

There really isn't 'fine dining' in Kihei, but 5 Palms is close enough for those who don't want to eat from a food truck. This is one of many restaurants along the shore in Kihei that you have to drive through a condo complex to reach. But don't let that disturb you. The restaurant itself is right on the beach, open air. The service is good and the food is fine. I had 1/2 of ribs with the best bbq sauce I've ever had (truly) and the portion was so gigantic, my husband and I could easily have split it. My husband had fresh fish in the restaurant's signature 'potato casing'. It was great, fish was moist, shredded potatoes were crisp. No complaints. It was a great evening and the restaurant was packed on a Monday night. I imagine the sunset is spectacular from the place, but we went too late for that.

3  Thank johnandjudy2