“Food good, service not”
Review of 5 Palms Restaurant

5 Palms Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
5 Palms Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 194 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kilohana
Description: Overlooking the stunning coastline of Keawakapu Beach, Maui, 5 Palms Restaurant features innovative Maui Coastal Cuisine accompanied by spectacular sunsets over the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. We are proud to offer fresh island fish from Hawaiian waters as well as fruits and vegetables from local Upcountry farms. Complementing our cuisine and setting is a friendly and attentive staff ready to bring the spirit of Aloha to your table.
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Came here for lunch. Has a beautiful view of the water. We were directed to a table, but when we went to sit down, realized there was ketchup all over the floor under the table, when we finally found someone to help us move to a different table, or have it cleaned up, we were met with a blank stare, and told ‘“yeah’ move over there”, with a finger point. My husband and I ordered burgers, which were delicious. However, the waiter got the orders wrong, so by the time we got the toppings we asked for, the burgers were cold. Fries were cold when they came out. I had ordered onion rings, but received fries. When I finally got the onion rings, however, they were delicious. Ordered a riptide drink, which was watered down and pretty tasteless.

3  Thank Imspam
Write a ReviewReviews (1,999)

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We wanted a restaurant that was a little nicer than lots of the good but casual restaurants in Kihei. This fit the bill. The restaurant is located at the Mana Kai Resort, which seems to be rentable condos. We met our friends on the beach/grassy area right outside the restaurant to watch the sunset, then went up for our 7pm reservation. The restaurant is open air, and although the bar is just 2 steps up, there wasn't really any overlap in terms of noise/tv etc. Started with some cocktails, then ordered dinner. I had the special local lobster tail and it was absolutely delicious. Presented in the shell, but with the shell was split in half & the claw meat was in the tail, so it was very easy to eat. My husband had the bone-in ribeye and our friend had the filet mignon. We were all very pleased to discover that the beef was all local to Maui. The other friend had the rare seated ahi tuna, and it was delicious & a very nice sized serving. My only complaint would be that I asked for my Local Butter Lettuce Salad with the dressing on the side, and it came with a lot of dressing ON the salad with extra dressing on the side! It's too bad because it was an absolutely beautiful salad but I had to wipe dressing off in order to eat it. (One interesting note...my husband and I mentioned we would be sharing the salad. The server told us she could give us an extra plate for free, or for $4 the chef would split it and give us some extra salad. We opted for the free extra plate which was a good call because there was plenty of salad for 4 of us!) Definitely a great choice for a nice evening out.

3  Thank NatAtHome
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Regular prices are high but the happy hour prices in the lounge are excellent value. The food is very good and the sushi is very good. The views and location are great

2  Thank roadwarrior53
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We have been coming to Maui on vacation for years and this is always one of our favourites for happy hour drinks and pupus. Last night we had an awesome server. Cole was very genuine, friendly, and attentive. He really made our family's night with the best service we've had in Maui. It made us feel very welcome. The Mai Tai was fantastic, not too sweet, and we agreed it was the best we've had so far after touring around this past week. The spider rolls and coconut prawns were delicious. We ordered more after the first round they were so good. Our group also had the wings, ribs and a couple of things off the kids menus and all were great. Huge bowl of fruit with the kids burger was a hit with our son. Happy hour has great prices and it can be busy so we go early. Beautiful views. We had a nice walk on the beach just in front for sunset. We will be back again in our last week. It would be hard to go anywhere else.

3  Thank CanadianMenehune
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I love going here for Happy Hour when in the Kihei area - great Mai Tais, wonderful barbecued ribs, sushi, etc. - and a perfect place to watch the sun set from the beautiful palms and lava rocks along the beach! It is a little pricey, but worth it.

2  Thank Judikin

Been to 5 Palms Restaurant? Share your experiences!