All reviews beach chairs building c the kitchen across the street washer and dryer appliances worked well living room ocean view boogie boards kam beach kam ii air conditioning through vrbo parking spot a great place to stay rental agency office staff
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I was on my own for a few weeks visiting friends, then a friend joined me for most of Feb. I am delighted with this unit. Felt very safe when I was on my own. I requested a few extras, and new things like towels and sheets as they do wear, everything I asked for was brought, fixed and also cleaned a few days after my request. I would like to book next year. Hopefully they haven’t booked me out. Great location, beautiful property, very welcoming. Jane R

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JR15273
AkahiGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Kihei Akahi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Mahalo for taking the time to share your stay at Kihei Akahi, not sure if you were in C or D building, however, happy to hear all your needs were met during your stay. Look forward to your return. A Hui Hou

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Love the condo, but I did not like how the governor was placed on the air conditioner. I like it less than 72 when I sleep. Also wish they had bathrooms inside both bedrooms. But, easy walk to beach and restaurants. Great views.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rone763
AkahiGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Kihei Akahi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review you stay at Kihei Akahi. You did not mention the unit you were in so we could address the a/c concern you had with the owner/property management company We are happy you enjoyed your stay here on Maui and look to your return. A Hui Hou, Until we meet again

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Decent condo. Our condo had an ocean view (about a quarter mile from beach). Close to shopping (mediocre) and dining (a mix). This ended up being a condo rented out through VRBO. This started out on the internet at $170.00/night but after adding taxes, cleaning fee and VRBO related fees it ended up costing us $263/night. Too much for quality of the condo. This unit needs some updating. Looks a little blah inside.

There is a balcony facing west toward the ocean but it is useful from about 1:00 PM to sunset; too hot. However, very nice in the morning. Couldn't figure out the portable air conditioner; digital display was hard to read. Despite paying a $90 cleaning fee, the unit was not very clean when we got there. The floors are a rough textured tile that were filthy (couldn't walk in white socks or barefoot without getting black feet after a few minutes). Would be nice if cleaning people wet mopped the floors between tenants. There were leftover crumbs, etc. under the dining table. Needless to say, we did not tip housecleaning. Don't know how many units are in building D (40 or so) but there are only 2 BBQs available to this building. The pool is not heated (or barely) but overall is adequate. Overall, the grounds are very nice. There are no resort or parking fees.

I would probably look elsewhere for a condo if I ever visit Kihei again.

Basically, Maui is an expensive place to visit and condos under $300 per night are hit and miss in regards to quality, cleanliness, amenities.

Room tip: For ocean view, I would recommend a 5th or 6th floor room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review your stay at unit D612 Kihei Akahi. As you may know, each unit is individually owned and managed separately from the AOAO and each owner is responsible for interior upkeep and cleaning of their unit. I have copied the owner on your review as well. Kihei is a resort area so the shopping is more resort oriented rather than large stores. There is a Mall with Macy's and Sears located in Kahului. Being a tropical island in the middle of the Pacific we are somewhat limited to big city shopping, which is part of our charm we believe. There are two pool areas and each pool has two bar b ques for guest use and on occasion there is a short wait or sharing of a grill. A Hui Hou, until your return.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We reserved at this properly based on the website photo. There are excellent condos with beautiful views. However the unit we were assigned was mediocre at best. The view was of the driveway and a parking lot.it was sparsely furnished and lacked a dishwasher. NO view, not even of the hills. We paid premium price for lousy accommodations. If you reserve there be sure that you are appropriately assigned. I discovered that in the D building any unit numbers 16(416,516...) won't be worth the money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Francie T

Aloha We were sorry to hear you were disappointed in you condo unit. You did not mention which unit you were in so that we can advise the owner and/or property management company of the issue you were having. As you may know, each unit is owned and operated separately from the AOAO. Each unit owner is responsible for their own upgrades on the interior of the units. Many owners have chosen to upgrade their unit and there are some lovely units within the complex. Please advise your rental agent as well of you disappointment in the unit you were renting. With Aloha

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I am writing about one newly renovated condo. This condo at the Kihei Akahi, C 313, was as advertised, with its web pictures being accurate. Lovely and quiet when daytime construction was not taking place in nearby condos which were being renovated during October 2017.

Everything felt new upon arrival and really clean. 'Maui Vision's' welcome basket of fruits and chocs. were delicious. The 'on-island' property manager was very helpful/efficient and arrived shortly after calling for help during my second day. The 100% cotton linens were fully appreciated by me because of my sensitive skin. So many lovely pool/beach towels and bathroom towels were thick and fluffy. I loved the fact that the whole condo had floor tiles and no carpeting; much easier to clean especially after windy days and cooler.

I would recommend this particular condo C313 to everyone. Note all the condos have different owners who upgrade whenever they please.

I noted an early review about silverfish and roaches. I saw none and I was in this condo for 3 weeks of Oct. and all of Nov. 2017. Its location away from the elevators keeps loud voices, rolling suitcases and elevator noises to a minimum. It is close to both pools. Its car park space is very convenient.

'Hawaii Moons' natural food store (a 5-minute walk) has a great salad bar and hot bar to buy from so one can eat in the store, in peace on the condo lanai or elsewhere, on beach or in the park across the road from this complex which is the best beach for swimming, Kamaole 2 beach.

Kihei Akahi has lovely grounds and is well looked after. Flowers seem to blossom everywhere. Gardeners appear to work a few hours every day and there is a security guard on duty all night which gives one a safe feeling, making a trip very relaxing.

Room tip: C 313 is in a quiet location with garden view
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LovesKihei
AkahiGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Kihei Akahi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Kihei Akahi. We are thrilled you had such a great stay and look forward to your return in the future.

A Hui Hou, until we meet again