“Don't let the line intimidate you!”
Review of Kihei Caffe

Kihei Caffe
Ranked #8 of 49 Quick Bites in Kihei
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 30 September 2021

This place opens at 6 am everyday and we would drive by it frequently, and see a line. One day on a super early outing we thought we would stop in for breakfast, but we saw a short line already and did not think we would have time to wait. Chances are, we would have had time but didn't want to push it. So on our last day we decided to get up early and give it a go. We got there at about 6:50 I believe, there was a decent line but not too crazy. You wait in line, and then order and then you are seated. Honestly, this makes the wait feel less. We ordered the Loco Moco with Pork and the 2-2-2 which is 2 bacon, 2 eggs and 2 french toast. I added the pineapple and coconut on top of mine. Also, fyi, bonus for waiting in line to order before seated is you get to see what people before you are ordering so you can base decisions on that. Whew! The portions though, are LARGE! I would suggest splitting items to avoid waster. My husband could not eat all of his Loco Moco nor could I with the french toast.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (3,457)

Reviewed 28 September 2021

Was recommended by a local. About an hour wait. You order and pay first, then get a table. Staff brings it out to you when ready. Had the omelette, it was very good. Large portions.
Very busy place, no reservations. Across the street from a park and beach that a lot of surfers go to.

Reviewed 21 September 2021 via mobile

Staying in Wailea there were not many good choices for breakfast , hence we ventured to Kihea Caffe . We were not discouraged by the line that snaked into the parking lot and glad we weren't as the line moved fast and the Host bought out complimentary iced coffee while we waited . We ordered the 2-2-2 , eggs , bacon and French toast , delicious but we were positioned to see everything coming out and it all looked good , especially the pancakes . The only downside was out table was off kilter and caused our coffee to spill and there were annoying bugs flying around , otherwise the place was great .

Reviewed 20 September 2021

Busy. Had to wait to get in. The food came out fast but was uninspiring. Had the classic breakfast and chocolate chip pancakes. Average average. Not sure why there was a line up.

Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Power trip employee accused me of cutting in line. I did not cut in line. Sweet girls in line in front of me told him I was always there in line. He never apologized. Then after I finished my breakfast and was finishing my coffee he told me to hurry up… others were waiting! I still had half a cup of coffee that I had paid $5 for. Very rude guy . I like the food but will never return.