“Only ok”

Sansei Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sansei Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 186 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Nothing special about this place. It's an okay chain. Sushi was only fair. I am a snob when it comes to sushi since I eat it often. If you're tastes aren't as sophistacted and you are with people who want other choices then it's fine. It was quite crowded and we didn't have a reservation so we waited for 45 minutes. Make a reservation if you go!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We dined at two Sansei locations in 3 days. I think the one in Kapalua is better than Kihei. The one in Kihei was so loud and you can barely have a conversation. The food is less tasty . I ordered same dishes such as foie gras, spicy tuna, duck breasts. For the same price, I would rather dine in Kapalua Sansei.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This is the absolutely the number one restaurant to visit! And you will want to make sure you plan on going at least twice. Go with friends so you can order different things and try a little off of each plate. The prices are very reasonable and there is no better food in your experience on the island. It even beats some of the very expensive fish restaurants on the island. It is impossible to experience everything in one visit. I am making a commitment to go at least five times next month when I go back to visit. And by the way, you can buy their cookbook. And it is essential to make room for dessert! You will be missing out if you don’t make room for one of the desserts.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the dinner. Had sushi and great appetizer of dragon prawns. Fried ice cream for dessert was okay. Overpriced in my opinion. But recommended by friends for sushi.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I’m confused about the great reviews for this place as we found it to be extremely generic and a very “BLAH” restaurant. Nothing we had was particularly good or special in any way. If you are someone who eats good Japanese food this place is the equivalent of a diner. It’s not that diners are super bad, and neither was this. It’s just not the special date night we planned and we actually left without eating the food because didn’t feel it was even worth eating or taking to go... With that said the place was decently full and lots of people WERE taking to-go boxes so people seem to like the place??? I suppose its just not for someone expecting a special mean or who eats good Japanese at small mom/pop places. If you go with a basic expectation to just get sushi plopped on a plate, I’m sure it will be fine.